Thoughts on Jordan's Last Dance?
by DBCooper (2020-05-05 11:24:12)

I think its best to talk about the docuseries here. I hope thats ok. I know there was a little discussion about it the BR.

I finally caught up and watch Sundays episodes. Those 2 episodes were fantastic. I could watch a 10 part series on the Dream Team alone. Im surprised they didnt touch on the scrimmage the team had with the college all stars. Players including Webber, Hurley, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, among others beat the team, which was what Coach Daly was hoping for. But watching the Dream Team scrimmage with Magic talking shit to Jordan is just perfect basketball tv. The Dream Team documentary goes deeper into that scrimmage too. Malone trying to prove he was better than Barkley. Robinson and Ewing trying to show who was the best center. That scrimmage should have been on primetime.

Either way, its sad to me how a whole generation of basketball fans have now not seen Jordan play in real time. I dont think his passion and competitiveness are fully realized by contemporaries who see LeBron as the greatest ever. This docuseries has done a good job to show how crazy Jordan actually was. He gets visibly upset losing $20 to a security guard playing some stupid coin toss game. That was his personality.

I was never a Bulls fan, but how could you not like Jordan? Yeah he was an ass at times, but he played the game with so much passion, its hard not to respect him at the very least. You watch this series and you wonder how did he ever lose even one playoff game once he was in his prime.

Replies: