I have enjoyed it but I had forgotten how petty
by KnightlyRevue (2020-05-05 17:43:11)

In reply to: Thoughts on Jordan's Last Dance?  posted by DBCooper

Jordan could be and is in his life. I understand that generating motivation for his level of excellence sometimes results in exaggerating the level that people are against you but Jordan takes it to a really negative place and often.

One of the funnier moments in the documentary is when Jordan says that Scottie Pippen delaying his surgery prior to the 97/98 season was "selfish" and left Michael "to carry the team" early in that season. Gosh Michael, was it as selfish as leaving the team entirely to pursue a baseball career for 1.5 years thereby breaking up a dynasty that had just won 3 consecutive titles? I don't remember Pippen or Horace complaining about that when they lost to the Knicks in the conference finals on a bogus call.

Whether its his treatment of Isaiah in eliminating him for the Dream Team, inviting his high school coach to his hall of fame induction speech only so he could embarrass him, or shunning Charles Barkley because Charles had the temerity to say that Michael was not successful as an owner, Michael seems petty and someone who is unwilling to forgive anyone.

I love him as a player and, as a Bulls fan, enjoyed the joy he brought the city I have chosen to live in but I also recognize that Michael is a grudge holder and sometimes comes off as a vindictive and unforgiving figure. The documentary has only accentuated that side of him.

Replies: