Rivers hit one vs. Marquette early in his career
by ribs (2020-05-05 21:13:39)
Edited on 2020-05-05 21:19:49

In reply to: What pre-Brey buzzer-beaters do you guys remember?  posted by El Kabong

Seem to recall Rivers hurt his ankle or something in the ensuing celebration.

Edit: Looks like it was ND-Marquette, January 1985 at the MECCA, Notre Dame won 63-62.

Graves hit one vs. Ohio State early in Doherty's season, right? Pre-season NIT?

Horrible. The Shot: (link)
by Nitschke  (2020-05-06 14:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wrong Rivers. I was referring to David.
by ribs  (2020-05-06 14:51:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But wow, I've never seen Doc's shot. That's brutal!

Yeah. The word “versus” should have clued me in. *
by Nitschke  (2020-05-07 08:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of my first great memories of ND BB. My Dad and
by DomerJon  (2020-05-06 10:38:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I were watching. I recall my Dad had given up after Marquette scored saying no way they can get it up the court in 6 seconds and get a good shot. Well, Rivers got the ball streaked up the court and layed it in with ease.

My experience was similar.
by ribs  (2020-05-06 13:22:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My Dad and I were at an OSCO drug store, in the electronics section. The game was on a TV, we stood there and watched it as it happened. I remember it vividly. Yet I can't remember what I had for dinner last night.