Losing Derrick Rose
by KHADDAFI (2020-05-05 22:15:15)

In reply to: That shot likely allowed to him keep his front office  posted by Ajax

. . . certainly wasn't his fault. I don't follow the Bulls closely at all, but that guy could've been one of the best players in the history of the sport. MVP at age 22. A shell of his former self not long afterwards.

It's impossible to win consistently in that league without true stars. And it's tough to draft stars when you're not near the top of the lottery.

But I'll leave the details to Bulls fans.

Two trades stick out
by Ajax  (2020-05-05 23:29:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tyrus Thomas and a Russian for LaMarcus Aldridge.

Trading two mid first round draft picks to take Dougie McBuckets.
Denver selected Gary Harris and Nurkic.

Drafting Marcus Teague, Tony Snell and Valentine.

Now credit where credit is due: Butler and Gibson.

Getting Rose at all was absurd luck
by gordonbombay  (2020-05-05 22:56:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bulls are the longest shot team to ever win the lottery, as they had only a 1-point-something chance that year. My friends and I didn't even bother watching the lottery and only found out they'd won when the Cubs broadcasters congratulated them on air.

My point is, they deserve absolutely no credit for getting Rose. Give them a little for effectively building a team around him in 2010 before it went to hell 2 years later.

Paul Pierce, Patrick Ewing
by Khaddafi  (2020-05-06 13:04:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The list of “lucky” GMs is endless.

The Bulls has Rose. They were building a strong club that may have been attractive to free agents. He went down. It’s been a continuing rebuild ever since.