Soderberg is paid well
by CrazyMary (2020-06-08 12:59:05)

In reply to: Jobs like UWGB are definitely stepping stone jobs  posted by fontoknow

Actually incredibly well compared to the salary for the head job at UWGB. His base is in the $300k range while also receiving NCAA tournament bonuses. Additional $20k just for making the tourney, S16, Final Four and topping out at like $65k for the national title.

I'm sure you're well-aware of the long family relationship. Soderberg's name has been out there the last few years but never left UVA. He's 58 now so maybe he's too comfortable where he's at to essentially start over at as you noted a stepping stone job. Possibly would need the perfect situation to move on as I also suspect there's a special relationship between Brad and Tony. Obviously, Dick has been very fond of Brad for a long time. Played for him and then immediately hired him just out out of college. Of course, hired Brad again as soon at he got the gig in Madison.

From everything I've heard, Tony is a really quality guy to work for too. He and his wife donated $500k a couple years ago to start a career development program for current and former UVA basketball players.

Replies: