A coach for ND to consider after Brey era: Dan Hurley
by Frank Drebin (2020-06-29 11:38:50)

Dan Hurley is one of the emerging top coaches that ND should seriously consider after Mike Brey era is over. He is current head coach at U Conn. former head coach at Rhode Island played under Coach K at Duke. He is smart and enthusiastic. Seems to be effective at recruiting.

Bobby Hurley played at the University
by Homeboy73  (2020-06-29 20:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of New Jersey at Durham (aka Duke).

And his father's uncle . . .
by Khaddafi  (2020-07-10 11:52:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... was a priest at ND.

Who knows? But if he can recruit great players and great kids, and then coach them up and turn out great teams, bring him on.

Yep.
by NovaRudy  (2020-07-01 18:57:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just off the top of my head: Bobby Hurley, Jay Williams, Lance Thomas, Dhantey Jones, Brian Zoubek, Jim Spanarkel, etc., etc., etc.

Great memory. Add Alaa Abdelnaby (sp?). *
by Homeboy73  (2020-07-01 19:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah. I should have remembered him.
by NovaRudy  (2020-07-03 16:21:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I think that he is/was a weeknight college basketball analyst on CBS Sports Network.

Same high school as Kelly Tripucka. Bloomfield. *
by Homeboy73  (2020-07-01 19:55:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1997 @ Pat’s Colonial Pub
by NovaRudy  (2020-07-03 16:33:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly Tripucka, Angelo Bertelli, and Frank Tripucka, (I think it was him), were seated at an adjacent table for dinner. That’s a lot of star power in one small dining area and is a good memory from a long ago pilgrimage!

Minor nit: Dan Hurley played at Seton Hall
by NovaRudy  (2020-06-29 11:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Under PJ Carlesimo. Uconn (re)-joined the Big East and will continue to make strides toward lifting their program to their past glory. They will be a better fit in a basketball-centric conference, unlike their time in the AAC.