2021 recruiting class?
by Ajax (2020-07-16 20:53:14)
Edited on 2020-07-16 21:00:22

In reply to: Notes from Mike Brey on WSBT radio yesterday.  posted by MPG

So far is one verbal from South Bend and a possible verbal from South Bend. That's it.

In terms of a recruiting effort perception not the greatest and will really look bad if Wesley decides to go elsewhere.

I reached out to the staff regarding two recruits
by needamirer  (2020-07-20 15:47:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One was a 7’1” power forward with great footwork and the other was a 6’10” power forward with freakish athletic ability. The 7’1” had numerous D-1 offers from Power 5 conferences but decided to go to Stetson. The other just signed with WVU and Coach Huggins. Both of them are great kids with good grades and a tremendous work ethic.

I even went through the compliance office at ND to make sure I did things the proper way. The kids were part of a program that had three of the top 100 players in the country this year. The program has a great track record of putting kids in the NBA. I reached out to multiple coaches in the staff and advised them that the kids had significant interest in ND. Never heard a word. It could not have been an issue regarding grades because no one on the staff had any idea of their grades. A 7’1” kid and a 6’10” kid from one of the top high school programs in the nation reach out and express interest in your program and there is not a single follow up?