Pat Connaughton tested positive for COVID-19
by SB Jimbo (2020-07-20 13:15:18)
Edited on 2020-07-20 13:27:15

The reports don't say when he was tested or what needs to happen before he can rejoin his teammates in Orlando.

Did he test positive in Orlando; or before going to Orlando? *
by hometown fan  (2020-07-20 14:26:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got it before going to Orlando.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-20 14:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This explains why I wasn't seeing his picture among the Bucks who were down in Orlando.

Milwaukee Bucks guard Pat Connaughton has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement he shared Monday with the Journal Sentinel and ESPN.

"I did not travel with our team after I tested positive for COVID-19," Connaughton wrote in his statement. "I am healthy and I feel great and I am excited to join my teammates in Orlando once I meet all the NBA protocols."

Connaughton is the second Bucks player whose positive coronavirus has become public. Guard Eric Bledsoe also tested positive in recent weeks, although he is reportedly asymptomatic. Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer shared Sunday that the team believes Bledsoe is "on the closer end of the spectrum" to returning.

Connaughton, a fifth-year guard in his second season with the Bucks, has become a staple of the team's "Bench Mob" over his time in Milwaukee. When the NBA went on hiatus in March, Connaughton was averaging 5.1 points and 4.2 rebounds while logging 18.3 minutes across 61 of the team's 65 games.