Offered too late
by Ajax (2020-08-07 14:55:23)
Edited on 2020-08-07 14:57:02

In reply to: Jordan Hawkins announcing today (UCONN) per NDHOOPS twitter  posted by Pjnuge

seem to read that a lot.

If it was regarding academics- I get that. If it was not, it's going to look bad if Wesley goes elsewhere.

So for 2021, besides JR it's Wesley and Holmes. That would be a great recruiting class the 3 of them. I know Holmes has the connection with his father, but just don't see it.

21-22:
Nate, Hubb, Dane
Carmody, Ryan, Wertz
Sanders, Taylor, Zona
JR

Unless the 2020 recruits really surprise, that is a top heavy upperclassmen roster in terms of talent.

Meanwhile, FSU just picked up their fourth top-50 recruit
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-08-09 14:52:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the 2021 class in G Jalen Warley from PA.

ND is just not even playing the same game.
Their recruiting is flat out depressing when compared to other teams.

Cue the ND recruiting defense posts
by Ajax  (2020-08-09 18:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we will read about all the offers and interest with the 2022 class.

I know JR is a promising recruit, but right now he is the most highly rated between the 2019, 2020 and 2021 classes. That's a problem.

The program is stuck in neutral
by Ty Webb  (2020-08-10 12:59:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Recruiting is blah, at best, falling off, at worst.

It's a shame it has come to this. Brey has been a great representative for the school and is clearly very popular with his peers. But the program has hit a wall and it doesn't seem like the prospects for a run like we had with the Connaughton, Grant, Jackson years are remotely possible right now.

And that's largely due to the fact we just aren't very good at recruiting. I struggle to believe it's simply because selling ND is really hard too.

Yep. Treading water
by OldRasputin  (2020-08-11 14:30:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sad to see.

I'm still surprised Brey hasn't hired an assistant coach
by Wolfetone  (2020-08-11 06:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With noted recruiting ability.....

Still? *
by Ajax  (2020-08-11 17:04:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From reports they offered 5 in the 2021 class
by Ajax  (2020-08-10 16:34:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 from South Bend
1 from Fort Wayne
1 from Dematha late
1 from Arizona, dad an ND alum

But hey, 2022 looks promising NOW.

It would seem
by CrazyMary  (2020-08-10 17:04:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they should cerrainly land Wesley if they really want him (no idea) if you read the 247 article today. Seems a few schools have changed their mind on him, recruiting while ensuring the proper fit is always very tough.

This article did not seem to recap current recruiting stock (link)
by Ajax  (2020-08-10 20:54:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On my phone so don't have link
by CrazyMary  (2020-08-10 22:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but look for the 247 National Hoops Notebook from this morning.

This should be the link: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Indiana-Ohio-State-Louisville-Indiana-Purdue-Mississippi-State-Tennessee-Florida-150074101/

One of them wanted ND badly. My daughter goes to
by Btd  (2020-08-10 00:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

School with him. ND never made an offer. He was in AP classes with my daughter.

Xavier...
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-08-10 11:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

can somehow make the effort to recruit a kid from Alpharetta GA, but ND can't be bothered.

I won't say anything more on this topic-- but it is obvious to me that the limitations on ND's basketball recruiting are mostly self-induced over the years. You can't sign top 100 players with little or no effort.

Dwon Odom?
by Ajax  (2020-08-10 12:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Listed as a point guard. Perhaps Brey did not believe he needed a point guard in the 2020 class.

Here are his options now and beyond

Junior: Hubb
3rd year soph Ryan
Walk on soph Morgan
2021 combo guard Wesley, no guarantee he will pick ND.

Yeah, as much as he likes having guards on the floor it seems this is someone he should have looked into especially if Odom had a strong interest.

Matthew Cleveland *
by Btd  (2020-08-11 02:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post