No decision about fans in Purcell Pavillion yet
by Kayo (2020-09-26 13:18:23)

I got this email to season ticket holders a few days ago.

We wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update to our Notre Dame Men’s Basketball season ticket holders regarding the 2020-21 season.

As you may have seen, the NCAA recently announced that the start date for this season has been delayed until November 25, which will come after the conclusion of the fall semester for most institutions, including Notre Dame. While that date is the earliest teams can compete, our schedule is still not confirmed at this time.

The ability to host fans this season will be informed by the University’s health and safety guidelines along with the guidance of local health officials. As such, the season ticket renewal process will remain on hold until more information is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the challenges of the coronavirus and the impact on our ability to safely welcome fans to Purcell Pavilion this season. Should you have any questions, please contact the ticket office at 833-ND-IRISH (Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) or email at tickets@nd.edu .

Thank you for your continued support of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball.

Notre Dame Ticket Office

I'm glad they're waiting to make a better decision...
by pmoose  (2020-09-28 07:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...at a later date. However, what's the best case scenario? Attendance maxed out at 25% capacity?

The state lifted capacity limitations on 9/26
by Kayo  (2020-09-28 11:49:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, the order said, "Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required among non-household members, especially for indoor events where
attendees may be gathered for extended time periods."

I'm sure Notre Dame plans to be more cautious.

I don't know how many season ticket holders there are, so I don't know if we all could fit under the state guidelines. Maybe there would be A and B packages for season ticket holders to assure maintaining the space requirement (if it's still in place come the end of November).

Students aren't a concern. They don't show up anyway.