Deron Holmes to Dayton
by Pjnuge (2020-10-24 14:16:06)

Good for him. Better than Arizona

The Obi Toppin effect *
by Ajax  (2020-10-24 16:12:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had the good fortune to watch a lot of UD games last year
by Twinkie the Kid  (2020-10-29 12:20:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were a fun team to watch, and Toppin was one of the most exciting players in the country. It's a shame the season ended without March Madness. I don't usually put a lot of stock in mid-majors in the post season (beyond the Sweet 16, Gonzaga notwithstanding), but that UD team was different.

Toppin may have been one of the most interesting
by Ajax  (2020-10-29 16:14:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mid-major player since Adam Morrison at Gonzaga.

Note I really don't consider Gonzaga to be a mid-major anymore.

Butler and Creighton being in the Big East is no longer considered to be mid-major and it seems Dayton (now with two 2021 studs) could be trending that way. Have to wonder if Dayton might have aspirations to join the Big East. They have the arena and fan base.

He was such a selfless player
by Twinkie the Kid  (2020-11-03 09:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's cliche, but he was the type of guy who made everyone around him better. And I'd love to see UD in the Big East. Geographically (now), academically, and institutionally, they are a good fit.

I took my son to the UD-North Texas game last year. It was a Tuesday night, nonconference, relatively crappy opponent, with the students gone on Winter break -- and the game was sold out. Dayton rallies behind UD hoops. It's so great to see.

Selfishly, I wish ND would schedule a home and home series with them.