No fans to start the season
by Section118 (2020-11-23 14:40:39)

Limited to immediate family of players and coaches. Will continue to monitor COVID throughout the season. If it improves, season ticket holders to have first crack at purchasing single game tickets.

Probably the right approach so we can play the most games possible.. here's to a healthy and safe season for everyone. May have to finally splurge on getting the ACCN for the games!

Looks like students/faculty/staff will be first
by jclay  (2020-11-23 16:23:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“If Notre Dame decides to extend invitations beyond the campus community, season ticket members will receive priority to purchase single game tickets.”

I assume “campus community” includes students/faculty/staff. Granted students rarely attend games (and looks like no big games at home during the semester, see below). I don’t know how many faculty/staff attend games.

Semester starts on Feb 3, and there are 5 home games:
Feb 2 Wake (I assume most students will be moved in by game time)
Feb 14 Miami
Feb 17 Clemson
Mar 3 NC State
Mar 6 FSU

In Milwaukee, Marquette and UWM said no fans in 2020.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-11-23 16:18:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2021 is TBD.

Unless the season is pushed back at all...
by revressbo  (2020-11-23 14:46:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which is what Pitino wants, I'd be pretty surprised if there are fans for any games this year. If March Madness does get pushed back to May Madness, you might be able to have fans in March/April depending on vaccine progress and whatnot.