Blake Wesley on CBS today at 1:30, HS slam dunk contest *
by ribs (2021-04-04 10:16:43)

This user did not provide content for this post

Coming up now an hour later *
by wiNDycityfan  (2021-04-04 14:35:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every kid there act like they’d rather be on Tik Tok *
by wiNDycityfan  (2021-04-04 14:51:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Wesley will be needed next year...
by revressbo  (2021-04-04 12:00:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And this subject line is why. Have we had anyone on our roster since Connaughton/Grant/Jackson/(maybe) Auguste that could even conceivably compete in a dunk contest?

evidently, the athlete wanted to go elsewhere! *
by LAW83  (2021-04-05 08:18:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Austin Torres was an excellent dunker.
by Kayo  (2021-04-04 14:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately that was his shooting range.

Didn't Pflueger win a dunk contest in high school?
by SB Jimbo  (2021-04-04 12:17:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sadly it didn't follow him to South Bend.

Wouldn’t surprise me.
by revressbo  (2021-04-04 13:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was actually considering throwing in a “(maybe) Pflueger” reference too due to his volleyball prowess but as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, it didn’t seem to be on display on the court in South Bend (though he did have a couple nice athletic tips to win games against SFA and Syracuse). Hopefully it will be for Blake the way it was for the guys mentioned in my OP.

Seriously how many times did he actually dunk it in college?
by supernd  (2021-04-04 12:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would have to be less than 5.

Not every game but pretty regularly
by Kayo  (2021-04-04 14:37:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember him dunking regularly because I attended every home game.

Some examples. Anyone can find more, but it requires watching several minutes of team highlights from individual games to find them. The first clip below is an example. Go 2:31 into the video.

A couple of others.

I must've missed his reverse dunk
by pmoose  (2021-04-05 07:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I attend regularly (at least when COVID wasn't a thing) and don't recall seeing it. I either have a bad memory (which is very true) or missed it and never saw a highlight. That was an impressive dunk.

It was in the ACC Tournament. *
by Stonebreaker9  (2021-04-05 13:35:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously, how many times did he tear his ACL? *
by NDMike2001  (2021-04-04 13:13:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post