UNC promoting Hubert Davis to head coach
by mocopdx (2021-04-05 15:43:34)

Probably for the best, to take over for a legend like Roy Williams. If he fails, then you can move on to find the next big thing, and the candidate won't have to immediately fill Roy's shoes. The continuity could lead them to continued success.

Their entire list of candidates
by Groundhog  (2021-04-06 01:03:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed to be from the UNC family.

I don't know if they kicked the tires on some outsiders/bigger names before they landed on Davis though.

I have Hubert Davis rookie cards.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-05 22:51:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel older than usual.

Guthridge got them to a Final Four *
by 206er  (2021-04-05 19:01:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 in 3 years actually, but overall, the team got worse each
by Tex Francisco  (2021-04-05 20:06:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

year that he was coach. The unexpected Final 4 run in his third season salvaged what otherwise would have been UNC's worst or second worst season of the last 2-3 decades.

I'm trying tor recall how his successor did in year 2...
by Scoop80  (2021-04-05 21:44:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recall reading a negative reference or 2 to his predecessor here in my early days as a poster.