The objection here isn't quality of play or even coaching ..
by CJC (2021-04-08 11:28:57)

In reply to: I've been finding it more fun than ever to watch, personally  posted by bleedsgreen04

it's what I've acknowledged is a subjective view (although I hardly think I'm alone in this) that watching games involving teams that are almost randomly determined is quite unsatisfying.

At the core, I root for teams, not players. Of course, that's oversimplification in a certain sense, as I certainly have had favorite players on teams for which I root, as well as on other teams.

But the heart of my 50-plus years of being a sports fan is rooting for my favorite teams to win, and to win championships. As I said originally, college basketball is rapidly moving toward being indistinguishable from choosing sides for games at the YMCA.

To reiterate, I don't mean to comment on the caliber of play and I don't begrudge players the right to play where they choose and to move as often as they like.

But as a fan, I have no obligation to care or watch, and the increasingly transient nature of teams is rapidly eroding my interest level.