I don't think there's any question that it is good for the
by Carlos Huerta (2021-04-15 11:10:02)

In reply to: I think the 1 time transfer waiver is a good thing  posted by pmoose

athletes. Some will make decisions that turn out to be poor but overall more freedom has to be a benefit to them. The other question is what is the impact on the sport? A poster in another thread said he's been turned off to the sport by the roster turnover- how many others like him are out there? Personally it doesn't bother me too much, I feel the sport is more about the uniforms and the coaches. I don't really mind the lack of player continuity from year to year. Of course if ND starts losing successful players to better programs my tune will change.

Some? I'm guessing it will be more like "very many", but
by Rosecrea  (2021-04-15 11:41:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you know they're adults when they turn 18, so what can you do. I heard Rick Neuheisel on ESPNU Radio yesterday morning say that there are currently 4800 names in the NCAA Transfer Portal for football and something like scholarships available for about 12% of them (or maybe 12% would get offers?). Not sure how he came up with that figure, but I'm sure he knows more about it than I do.