The Irish did everything well in the second half. *
by Kayo (2022-01-22 18:04:13)

This user did not provide content for this post

We finally finished a game. Huge win!!! *
by Circuslunch  (2022-01-22 18:37:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ultimately, we’d have all taken a 2-1 road trip
by bmoreirish  (2022-01-22 18:08:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anything can happen at Louisville and I am glad we were just as hot as them in the first half. We were able to make them take more uncomfortable shots in the second half and didn’t turn the ball over. This is looking more and more like a classic Brey team. Excellent offense, just hold on on defense.

Shooting 63% is not sustainable but it happened in the right game.

Hubb was excellent today, he is becoming a feel good story of the season.

Agree, I thought 2-1 was necessary. We have an opportunity
by chicos bail bonds  (2022-01-22 18:31:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in front of us with 3 home games. I thought we started to gain a hint of some breathing room but then losing to VT put us back into the mode of no margin for error and needing to get at least 2 good road wins the rest of the way out and probably 3 road wins overall. Today was a good road win. Road games remaining:

1. Miami - expect a loss. Two days after Duke and 4 games in 8 days. That is brutal
2. NC State - category of should/need win
3. Clemson - category of should/need win
4. Wake Forest - looking solid. Maybe similar to today. An unexpected win that boosts our resume
5. FSU - expect a loss

So that's 3-2 on the road games. Maybe it won't be how I draw it up but 3-2 would be very good in my opinion.

I think we have the ability to go 7-1 at homes (loss to Duke).

We sit at 11-6 (Chaminade thrown out). That puts us at 21-9. Squarely on the bubble and probably need 1-2 wins in the ACC tournament. Beating Duke is obviously a game changer and provides breathing room. We could potentially finish 20-10 with maybe only 1 win on conf tournament and still make it with that win.

Getting to the tournament is obviously the goal but in my opinion, the best part would be that this team would finally be playing to its expectations.

I'm glad to be able to have these discussions...
by Scoop80  (2022-01-22 18:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After BC, they did not appear to be a possibility. Today was a must game after the last 2, and it wasn't looking too good at half.

I don't know how much of UL's severe 2d half drop off was bad offense & how much of it was good D. It doesn't matter. It's a double digit road win v. a 5-3 ACC team. The last 4:00 were essentially garbage time.

It was the 2d double digit win in 3 ACC games, and it washed away much of the bad taste from VT & Howard.

Living in Boston area, I still can’t believe team lost to..
by LAW83  (2022-01-22 19:29:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fredo . Concerned that’s a stain hard to wash away!!

Irish were 0-4 v. opponents w/ pulses after that loss...
by Scoop80  (2022-01-22 20:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

season was swirling down the bowl at that point.

That loss was perplexing, however VT lost there today as
by DomerJon  (2022-01-22 19:49:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well.

The 2nd half was excellent D
by lucid  (2022-01-22 19:11:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We fought through every screen we could and on the few occasions we had to switch the rotation was superb. Haven’t seen that good of a defense from an ND squad in 6 years.

So am I - after IU and after BC, I didn't really see a path
by chicos bail bonds  (2022-01-22 19:10:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

based on performance to date at those times. My fear with this team is that they seem to play well when backs against the wall. We don't have much of a luxury to take any games off or lose focus. Maybe that will spur them on. I don't know.

1st half was serviceable d to good d
by Section118  (2022-01-22 18:43:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UL just hit multiple low percentage shots.

We just need to play serviceable def to win. We are capable of playing good defense, and we are getting to the point imo to be playing pretty good def consistently.