Agree, I thought 2-1 was necessary. We have an opportunity
by chicos bail bonds (2022-01-22 18:31:33)

In reply to: Ultimately, we’d have all taken a 2-1 road trip  posted by bmoreirish

in front of us with 3 home games. I thought we started to gain a hint of some breathing room but then losing to VT put us back into the mode of no margin for error and needing to get at least 2 good road wins the rest of the way out and probably 3 road wins overall. Today was a good road win. Road games remaining:

1. Miami - expect a loss. Two days after Duke and 4 games in 8 days. That is brutal
2. NC State - category of should/need win
3. Clemson - category of should/need win
4. Wake Forest - looking solid. Maybe similar to today. An unexpected win that boosts our resume
5. FSU - expect a loss

So that's 3-2 on the road games. Maybe it won't be how I draw it up but 3-2 would be very good in my opinion.

I think we have the ability to go 7-1 at homes (loss to Duke).

We sit at 11-6 (Chaminade thrown out). That puts us at 21-9. Squarely on the bubble and probably need 1-2 wins in the ACC tournament. Beating Duke is obviously a game changer and provides breathing room. We could potentially finish 20-10 with maybe only 1 win on conf tournament and still make it with that win.

Getting to the tournament is obviously the goal but in my opinion, the best part would be that this team would finally be playing to its expectations.

Replies: