Fellas, play like today, we're gonna be dancing
by Section118 (2022-01-22 18:39:56)

Tons on average ACC teams like Louisville this year and we just beat them *fairly* easily while they played out of their minds in the first half. Keep it up and we'll be dancing.

Wesley's fadeaway too? First I've seen that. If he adds that consistently to his arsenal, watch out.

This is fun again.

Happy to see
by BIG MAC  (2022-01-22 19:30:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hustle, fighting for loose balls, screens/cuts, boxing out, aggressive on D, ball movement. Do all the little things and we will be fine.

If we keep shooting 63% we won’t lose again!
by bmoreirish  (2022-01-22 19:18:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In all seriousness, this is why I believe in looking at performance over a couple of game stretches. I always consider which team is getting more of the shots that they want. That doesn’t always equate to wins as a team can get hot, but over the course of a season if we are getting better looks than our opponents I like our chances.

Right now, offensively we are settling into a rhythm and getting quality looks. It starts with the threat of Wesley taking the ball to the hoop.

Defensively I’m still not sure. I like how Ryan is being used less but is in for important defensive possessions. He is good positionally and his length bothers other guards.

Clearly we are growing in confidence and settling into roles. Im excited to see what we can do.

8-1 in last 9, 5-1 v. opponents w/ pulses...
by Scoop80  (2022-01-22 18:57:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now 58 in KenPom. This team still has its work cut out for it after early hole. It is, however, looking like a team that might actually have a tourney shot.

Thank God they hung on at end of Howard game. I didn't think that they had a game like today's in them after that. I sure as hell never expected this kind of 2d half.