That incident remains to this day
by ronniewoo (2022-01-23 13:33:57)

In reply to: Or Luke Witte. *  posted by Dillon

the most violent and dangerous incident that has happened in American sports. Its an outrage that some of the Minnesota basketball players were not charged with a crime. A pox on Bill Musselman for creating the conditions that allowed that to happen. Luke Witte was a burgeoning All American center and he was never the same after that game.

Rudy Tomjanovich would like a word
by TWO  (2022-01-23 13:59:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing compares to the sucker punch Kermit Washington took on him. Could have killed him.

I watched that game. One ok f the OSU players on that twam
by Irishlib  (2022-01-23 13:51:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is a,friend of mine. I still can't believe that anybody on that Minnesota team wasn't prosecuted.

I was watching as it happened.
by ronniewoo  (2022-01-23 16:22:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was a big OSU Basketball fan at the time and was in absolute shock at what I was seeing. It was terrifying even seeing it on TV. I hope your friend was not one of the OSU players who was badly hurt. Mark Wager and one other player were hospitalized in addition to Luke Witte.