Pat Connaughton got paid.
by mocopdx (2022-07-13 00:14:41)
Edited on 2022-07-13 00:15:11

Wow, good for him. My favorite ND athlete of the last decade.

Milwaukee Bucks swingman Pat Connaughton is finalizing a three-year, $30 million contract extension with the franchise, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The deal takes the Bucks' key shooter and well-regarded leader through the 2025-26 season.

Top 5 plays by Pat
by slingerdomer  (2022-07-22 15:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://und.com/search/connaughton/

4/$34M including player option. (link)
by NDLuthy  (2022-07-13 10:20:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Love it! Question about PC
by actionman  (2022-07-13 09:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seems to be universally liked and respected by everyone in a way I don’t recall seeing much if ever toward others. I know little about him off the court, but love him as a player. The 2015 ND team was one of the best offensive teams I’ve seen.

What attributes does he have that earned him such love and respect?

How can I get soma dat?

Thanks all!
by actionman  (2022-07-14 11:34:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow. Sounds like an awesome guy.

Looking forward to watching the Wisc speech soon.

Someone a few years back posted a story about Pat.
by chicos bail bonds  (2022-07-13 15:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In short, it was how he went above and beyond to attend a funeral service for a fallen high school friend. If I remember correctly, Pat was on a tight schedule but made an extra effort to get there, stood in a lengthy line, and offered his condolences. I can't do the story justice but it spoke to his character. I don't see how Pat will ever not be in my favorite all time starting 5 of ND basketball players and I've been watching for 40 years now.

The story is in this thread
by Son of Galway  (2022-07-14 00:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look down to the reference to the HOF post.

If you want to know Pat watch his U of Wisc commencement
by Domerduck  (2022-07-13 14:00:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

speech which was made Sept 21, 2021. It's worth the 23 minutes. He is an impressive man and Portland was lucky to have him for 3 years where he was well liked by their stars as well (Lillard & McCollum). Still he is proud of his ND roots and though some may think he would be a great coach, I woudl rather see him as a future leader in our country, of course after he makes his millions as an athlete.

Congrats, Pat, a credit to our university.

Several things
by Kayo  (2022-07-13 12:45:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First of all, he is very likable. He has a good sense of humor that's often self-deprecating.

As nice a guy as he is, Pat is a tough SOB. A good example was when he was pitching. Like Bob Gibson, don't dig in on Pat Connaughton because you will be hit by the next pitch if you do.

He is driven. He never takes a play off. Not in games. Not in practice.

He develops great one-to-one relationships with his teammates.

He expects the same effort from his teammates that he expects from himself. If effort is lacking, he calls the player on it, not in an embarrassing way, usually privately. He's good at understanding who needs a kick in the ass and who needs kind encouragement.

He's a good mediator when others have disputes.

When he was at ND, Pat had a great relationship with Mike Brey. They were of one mind; so when Brey had to deliver messages to his team, he could do it through Pat.

The ND player who was most like Connaughton as a leader was Tory Jackson. He had all of the same attributes.

Could he go into coaching eventually?
by Son of Galway  (2022-07-13 12:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect he would be good at it.

Intelligence, athletic credibility, desire, work ethic. Seems like a good package..

He would be good at it
by Kayo  (2022-07-13 12:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if he will. Pat is an entrepreneur as are both of his parents. He already runs a growing business.

He's in the news here on a regular basis for this housing
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-07-13 13:07:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

project or that development project.

He and Giannis have a good chemistry and that also contributed to the Bucks bringing him back (along with Bobby Portis) for longer-term deals.

Good read on Pat/Giannis’s bond
by mocopdx  (2022-07-13 13:23:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I went there and Pat was shooting," Antetokounmpo said. "I was like, 'Oh wow. OK.'"

Pat Connaughton, a fourth-year backup guard, recalls being equally surprised to see Antetokounmpo. Why, Connaughton wondered, did Milwaukee's $100 million franchise player need to come in for extra work? Connaughton was a journeyman who had signed with the Bucks on Aug. 1 and was fighting for playing time. Antetokounmpo, on the other hand, rivaled Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers as the most notable Wisconsin athlete.

At first, the evening sessions were coincidental. Then, Connaughton would text Antetokounmpo to let him know what time he planned to get his nightly shots in.

Night after night, they both returned.

PC spoke this week to HS students on real estate (video).
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-07-19 12:59:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look no further than the story
by ND410  (2022-07-13 12:40:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of how Pat spent the hours after the devastating loss to Kentucky back in 2015 tourney. That will tell you all you need to know. Beautiful story. I can’t find it but surely someone else here can.

It's in the HOF
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-07-13 14:09:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately I believe the poster, Bostongipper, died tragically a few years ago. I don't recall the details.

He was killed in a private plane crash, as was his daughter.
by beancounter  (2022-07-13 18:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just three months later.

Wow. Amazing. Prayers for the family *
by circuslunch  (2022-07-25 15:28:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s right. Terrible. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-07-13 19:23:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you. *
by ND410  (2022-07-13 15:03:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My teenage sons love him
by BottleofRed  (2022-07-13 11:27:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because he pushes himself and those around him to excel. He's also a really nice guy.

Regular guy. Great family *
by LAW83  (2022-07-13 10:52:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don't know him, but saw him...
by DavidAddison  (2022-07-14 15:57:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at Brother's on Eddy Street after the Duke win in which he jammed one in the face of a couple Dukies. Told him good game and he smiled and appreciated the comment.

I'll never forget Purdue's coach and his simplicity and succinctness in saying "Connaughton is a stud" around the time of the Crossroads Classic Connaughton's senior year.

Funny thing about that dunk…
by revressbo  (2022-07-15 10:02:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pat posterized freshman phenom Jabari Parker. The Bucks drafted Parker #2 overall in 2014, the hope likely being that he’d eventually be a star Batman, and the raw but high-upside lanky kid from Greece they drafted at #15 the previous year would be able to develop enough to supplement him as a Robin and lead Milwaukee back to title contention.

On July 14, 2018, the Bucks decided not to match Chicago’s big offer for restricted free agent Parker. He had not emerged as the star Batman after all. On August 1, 2018, the Bucks signed Pat in a deal that was innocuous at best and a bit of a head-scratcher for a middling player at worst.

Today, that raw lanky kid from Greece is a global superstar. Parker is possibly out of the league for good. And Pat played a key role helping the kid from Greece bring Milwaukee a championship and is now himself beloved in Milwaukee.

Strange world we live in.