This
by Section118 (2022-07-19 13:24:05)

In reply to: It’s clear he’s on a totally different level  posted by Btd

I really really wanted to see JJ and Blake together.

Was never really too concerned with JJ and him hitting stride, despite being a freshman.

Our Gs will be really good this year. Please let us develop a big man so we don't get destroyed on def/rebounds, as our offense will be better than it has been for awhile and will be a treat to watch.

There was some hope there that Lubin can plug some of
by btd  (2022-07-19 16:17:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the hole we have inside. That wasn't really expected from him -- more of some kind of wing help from him. It won't be enough, but it would lift us beyond my expected starting point: Laz alone most of the time and with Zona some times.

Long term
by SECTION12  (2022-07-19 18:32:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ven Lubin could be Hump he'll need to get stronger. Dom Cambell could see some action but he'll need to work on his perimeter defense. He may be a step slow on the pick and roll. Honestly we need to find some minutes for Koz as his game is ready for 15 minutes or so, he's a player.

You don’t need rebounds if you don’t miss much
by Btd  (2022-07-19 23:54:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We can win a lot of games via great shooting. I think we aren’t a lost cause inside though. We have players - just not day one. Not all teams can exploit our gaps. Especially if we are harassing the shit out of their guards.

We have more options to keep offense flowing and we have a lot of big guards that can collectively rebound. Not all balls bounce to the other teams bigger man. Boxing out really well offsets some of it too.

I’m strangely optimistic about what this team can evolve into.