New PG offer for '23
by DukeSinatra (2022-07-26 18:14:05)

Markus Burton, from Penn.

His offer list:

Appalachian State, Ball State, Bethel, Drake, UIC, Miami (OH), Missouri State, Notre Dame, Purdue Fort Wayne, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Southern Indiana and Western Michigan

Burton announcing commitment Friday 7/29 at 3 pm (link)
by IndyDave  (2022-07-28 16:31:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s committing tomorrow. No Doubt. *
by Lucid  (2022-07-28 19:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“I have always wanted to play for Notre Dame.”
by Georgia Hog  (2022-07-28 18:44:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Burton was quoted in the July 17 edition of the South Bend Tribune,

“They (Notre Dame) are in the process with everything," Burton said. "Just waiting and staying patient. It would mean a lot to me, knowing I am a hometown kid, going to a big school like that. I have always wanted to play for Notre Dame."

Given his quote and how quickly he scheduled his commitment announcement after receiving ND’s offer, I suspect that we are in good shape for his commitment.

Based on what I’ve read and limited video I’ve seen, I’ll be excited for him to become Irish and rooting for him to become a key contributor.

local high school coach
by TB-SB  (2022-07-28 09:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was asked to compare Burton and Demetrius. He said that while Jackson was taller and more athletic, Burton was a better shooter and better facilitator.

Under the radar guy
by SBJIMBO  (2022-07-27 11:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brey's often the 1st high major to offer these guys.

He had a good summer...
by iudomer  (2022-07-27 08:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the team camps at various universities, AAU. His offer list will improve.

Very good summer
by CrazyMary  (2022-07-27 11:39:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it’s really late in the process for ‘23 kids. Someone who saw him a bit still thinks he’ll struggle against significant length and that he’d probably be best suited for the MAC type level.
Impressive improvement though so who knows.

Speaking about recruits for next year, there needs to be
by DomerJon  (2022-07-26 22:49:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Several. There are potential to need 6 players and 0 commits currently. Has Brey ever had even a 5 man class?

I would guess maybe 4 and a couple portal guys? Anyone with any thoughts here?

Current 5th year class (2018) was five:
by NDBob  (2022-07-26 23:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nate Laszewski Northfield Mount Hermon (Northfield, MA) 6-10 / 190. ...
Robby Carmody Mars Area (Mars, PA) 6-4 / 185. ...
Prentiss Hubb Gonzaga (Washington, DC) 6-2 / 160. ...
Dane Goodwin Upper Arlington (Columbus, OH) 6-4 / 187. ...
Chris Doherty Marlborough (Marlborough, MA)

Ah yeah, forgot about Doherty. Either way, need to get
by DomerJon  (2022-07-27 15:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

some traction soon. Hopefully a few decent ones before we end up with a bunch of middling 3 stars and hope for the best.

I'm thinking itll be another 3 man class....
by supernd  (2022-07-28 15:06:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we get the kid from Penn. There is a player from Brothers Rice in Michigan we lead for according to On3 who plays wing. Then we really need one of Estrella or Power. Booker is probably a pipe dream.

Not sure about that
by CrazyMary  (2022-07-28 22:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Book much more reasonable than Power. Power is more of a pipe dream if you believe the Duke/KU/Carolina stuff.

Doesn't appear Estrella's in play *
by SBJimbo  (2022-07-28 22:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s got work to do.
by NDMike2001  (2022-07-27 06:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sure he’ll target some guys in the portal. But he struck out on bigs that could have walked into Atkinson’s starting role. And historically he’s had a couple of guys committed by this time in years where he’s needed to recruit numbers. Not always but he’s certainly got to get this train moving pretty damn soon.

That guy is Laz.... *
by PortND  (2022-07-27 08:23:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guy for what? *
by NDMike2001  (2022-07-27 20:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's come a long way. *
by SECTION12  (2022-07-26 21:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post