UND Roster finally updated. Carmody is listed. *
by Homeboy73 (2022-07-27 18:03:00)

This user did not provide content for this post

Sincerely doubt he’s playing
by Lucid  (2022-07-28 19:43:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coach off the bench. Practice body. Getting his Masters. If he plays, it would be a great story, but I doubt he can come back from the multiple injuries to a level where he can contribute in live action.

Is Carmody being listed surprising?
by pmoose  (2022-07-28 08:23:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It came out a few months ago he was coming back for another year.

Not sure he will be a factor in the playing time. I'm a bit disappointed (as I'm sure he is) with injuries not allowing him to see what he might have been able to accomplish. Definitely quite a different style compared to others on the team, but unless he's completely healthy and managed to improve through the injuries he's had, he's probably not going to factor into the rotation this year.

I wonder if he wants to be a coach.
by Kayo  (2022-07-28 12:32:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His father (also his high school head coach) has been in the business for a long time. If Rob wants to pursue the same career, high school or college, staying engaged in the program while earning a masters degree is a good way to go. Learn as much from Brey and staff as possible before taking his next career steps.

Even if he doesn't want to coach, getting his MBA for free by staying on the roster for a 5th season is a smart move.

The roster spot is available, and the guy has given up several body parts for the program. I'm glad he is able to get the most out of it.

nit pick question - is he actually getting an MBA?
by Tex Francisco  (2022-07-29 10:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought the MBA program was scaling back the number of students with no work experience and that students with no work experience were now being redirected to the MSM and MNA programs instead.

His bio says he's enrolled at Mendoza.
by Kayo  (2022-07-29 16:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suppose it could be a holdover from last year; but he's also listed as a grad student. What other graduate program would be a likely one for a business undergraduate? Maybe ESTEEM.

I was thinking the same thing
by Ty Webb  (2022-07-28 09:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Brey's often limited rotation, where does Carmody fit in?

The guard/SF rotation appears to be Starling, Wertz, Goodwin, Ryan and then Hammond

The bigs rotation is Laz, Zona, Lubin and maybe Campbell?

When I was looking at the roster, I was thinking...
by pmoose  (2022-07-28 12:08:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Starling, Goodwin, Ryan, Wertz, and Hammond would take time in the 1-3 spot (starters likely Starling, Goodwin, and Ryan; Wertz and Hammond off the bench?). For the 4-5 spots, obviously Laz starts, but after that I'm not quite sure what we will do. My guess is Lubin will get a lot of PT, but not sure if that will be as a starter or off the bench. Can Zona factor in at the 5? What about Campbell?

Looking at the roster, I won't be surprised to see a lot of 4-guard lineups. Will that allow Carmody and/or JR to find some time? I know some have suggested JR might redshirt - any legs to that rumor?

Just from a PT perspective, it seems likely that Starling, Ryan, Goodwin, Wertz, Hammond, and Laz will all see a lot of PT. I struggle to identify who will find time after that and how much - Carmody, Lubin, Zona, Campbell, and JR are among the candidates for PT.

Initial starting lineup? 4 are easy - Starling, Ryan, Goodwin, and Laz. Who will be the 5th? If you forced me to guess today, I'd probably guess Zona due to seniority. However, Lubin or going small with Wertz or Hammond wouldn't surprise me.

I like laz at the 4
by Section118  (2022-07-28 12:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He can play the 5, but hopefully thats only in small spurts. I think that leaves Zona starting at the 5 until Lubin can beat him out in game settings. Campbell is the wildcard. Everything I've read mentions his conditioning (and not much). I am hopeful that means he can become conditioned enough by Nov/Dec to at least be able to give us 5ish min/game if not more.

Not much info out there on JR. Begs the question, if he tears it up in Barcelona in August for USA East Coast Basketball, how does that impact the roster and PT moving forward. They have practice starting on 8/1 so we should get more info on him soon.

with his injury history
by DBCooper  (2022-07-28 10:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would think having him play even 5-10min a game would be a plus. I doubt anyone would expect more.

from practice video he looks a little out of shape.
by 84david  (2022-07-28 08:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its understandable that Carmody put on a few pounds since he has been injured so much. But if he wants to have any PT, I think he needs to slim down just a bit.