When I was looking at the roster, I was thinking...
by pmoose (2022-07-28 12:08:49)

In reply to: I was thinking the same thing  posted by Ty Webb

Starling, Goodwin, Ryan, Wertz, and Hammond would take time in the 1-3 spot (starters likely Starling, Goodwin, and Ryan; Wertz and Hammond off the bench?). For the 4-5 spots, obviously Laz starts, but after that I'm not quite sure what we will do. My guess is Lubin will get a lot of PT, but not sure if that will be as a starter or off the bench. Can Zona factor in at the 5? What about Campbell?

Looking at the roster, I won't be surprised to see a lot of 4-guard lineups. Will that allow Carmody and/or JR to find some time? I know some have suggested JR might redshirt - any legs to that rumor?

Just from a PT perspective, it seems likely that Starling, Ryan, Goodwin, Wertz, Hammond, and Laz will all see a lot of PT. I struggle to identify who will find time after that and how much - Carmody, Lubin, Zona, Campbell, and JR are among the candidates for PT.

Initial starting lineup? 4 are easy - Starling, Ryan, Goodwin, and Laz. Who will be the 5th? If you forced me to guess today, I'd probably guess Zona due to seniority. However, Lubin or going small with Wertz or Hammond wouldn't surprise me.

Replies: