I don't know that they were flat. Just bad.
by Kayo (2022-11-26 12:38:24)

In reply to: Excellent work on the variance analysis. That has been the  posted by chicos bail bonds

I didn't see it; but to hear Tony Simeone describe the game on the radio, the Irish rans the offense and got good shots. They just kept missing them. I suppose it could have been a concentration issue, but I've seen this 'can't make a shot' scenario enough times to believe it was simply the shooters' day to suck.

We are last year’s team with slightly higher ceiling b/c of
by Btd  (2022-11-26 18:28:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two freshman v only one last year. They both will grow this year and maybe take us a tiny notch higher. Otherwise, largely JJ is Wesley and all others are the same. Hubb is gone, but Wesley and Hammond more or less are his offense and defense. Lubin isn’t Atkins today - but probably is close to a tie within 10-15 games and maybe more at times given the athleticism difference.

In short, if we string 2-3 good shooting nights together we can easily be a S16 team and maybe even E8 with the right draw. We also could get bounced early if we start with a cold night.

Campbell may also be a wildcard - because he could become a legitimate sub if we have foul trouble - which we didn’t have last year.

Hammond will allow us to attempt to rotate out the worst shooter each game. We can’t really do that today.

Laz and Goodwin have combined to average less than 8 three
by Carlos Huerta  (2022-11-26 13:23:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pt. attempts per game. That needs to change. Also Starling is averaging only 0.8 assists per game and 2.3 FTA per. We need more playmaking out of him than that. Hopefully that development comes soon because as others have pointed out our conference isn't going to provide us a lot of opportunities.