RJ Sunahara cancelled his WVU visit. Good news coming? *
by mocopdx (2023-05-10 14:06:54)

This user did not provide content for this post

Committed to Georgia, per twitter *
by ribs  (2023-05-11 12:13:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep *
by IrishinSF  (2023-05-11 17:28:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His dad is the WVU volleyball coach *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2023-05-11 10:47:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not so fast
by TB-SB  (2023-05-11 07:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The quote is that the visit for the weekend is cancelled, not that he has eliminated. Wy visit now if there's a chance the coach will be gone by the time you get there.

Meanwhile it looks as if Huggins will stay, just paying a fine essentially. He managed to use this scheduled visit to save his job.

FWIW, According to a reporter at UGASports
by DBCooper  (2023-05-11 08:14:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He reportedly said he might have a decision by today

Did he visit ND already? *
by wiNDycityfan  (2023-05-11 09:20:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes *
by El Kabong  (2023-05-11 10:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WVU was front runner. Down to us and Georgia
by Elephtheria47  (2023-05-10 14:22:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he already visited Georgia. Smart kid avoiding the dumpster fire that is WVU.

i cant believe WVU allowed Huggins to stay *
by DBCooper  (2023-05-10 14:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Success can cover up a lot of sins
by tf86  (2023-05-12 09:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One need look no further than Pitino for an example of that.

Speaking of Pitino, both he and Huggins are members of a somewhat exclusive club as coaches who led two or more different programs to the Final Four. Huggins did it with Cincinnati in 1992 and West Virginia in 2010. Pitino (Providence, Kentucky, Louisville) and Cal (UMass, Memphis, Kentucky) are the only two coaches to do it with three different programs. Other members of the club:

Hugh Durham (Florida State, Georgia)
Larry Brown (UCLA, Kansas)
Lute Olson (Iowa, Arizona)
Eddie Sutton (Arkansas, Oklahoma State)
Roy Williams (Kansas, North Carolina)
Lon Kruger (Florida, Oklahoma)

I may be missing a few in there, I'm not sure.

Not a surprise, given what his president thinks of Catholics
by Freight Train  (2023-05-10 18:16:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9325510/gordon-gee-ohio-state-president-takes-shots-notre-dame-catholics

His “apology” was not directed to the right group.
by SorinBasement  (2023-05-10 21:06:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not surprisingly that was lost on the ‘eers fans.

You noticed that too, eh?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-11 00:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's fine to apologize to the one group but to completely skip the other?

I thought that he was going to be fired
by JC_90_94  (2023-05-10 15:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until I started to read some of the reactions from their fans. They not only dismissed the notion that he had done anything wrong, some celebrated it.

Granted, I understand all of that is taken with a huge grain of salt because who knows who is behind the keyboard/twitter handle.

I can
by BmoreIrish  (2023-05-10 14:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone who used that type of speech with a microphone in front of him surely uses it in private many times over, including with his bosses. They know who he is and they don't care.

Well sure they know.
by NDMike2001  (2023-05-10 15:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s a different story when the world knows. But yes, you are correct. They don’t care.

Fingers crossed. Its been a whole day since our last commit. *
by Homeboy73  (2023-05-10 14:13:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post