Anybody have a view of how this team could play?
by wiNDycityfan (2023-06-02 07:40:25)
Edited on 2023-06-02 07:44:39

So many new pieces coming in at all at once, and diverse skill sets throughout, the combinations are nothing like I’ve seen before at the collegiate level.

So how do you do this? Do you allocate the roster using a position-based approach? Or you rank them in terms of performance and that’s how you use them?

The answer is probably both. Appears to me this is like the way a playground or exhibition team gets put together, except the competition matters and overall performance will be evaluated and scrutinized.

It’ll be interesting to see how that first 5-on-5 practice is going to go. I can only imagine how grueling this process and start of practices are going to be. On the other hand, analytics could play a big part on how this gets fleshed out.

Now imagine an opposing coach trying to get some scouting on something he hasn’t seen play out collectively.

Brave new world in college athletics.

We have no idea where the scoring is going to come from...
by supernd  (2023-06-02 13:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is kind of scary amd exciting at the same time.

How about style? I'm assuming we will play a slow, perhaps
by Carlos Huerta  (2023-06-02 09:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very slow pace? His two Penn St. teams were ranked 354 and 320 in pace and the Purdue and Butler teams he served as an assistant for were similarly slow. I've probably missed discussions on this but has there been any indications if a slow pace is something he is married to?