I’m not sure much concessions, but maybe a little….
by Norm (2023-06-02 12:10:20)

In reply to: It's simultaneously refreshing and frustrating  posted by mocopdx

I believe that the two groups of transfers that are the easiest to get into ND are the freshman and grad transfers for academic reasons. Why? Because ND freshman year of studies has a more diverse group of courses that can (for lack of a better word) “match” with courses taken at a prior school. Once more college specific courses are required it becomes much more difficult to get a trasnsfer credit for classes taken previously if their syllabi don’t match up to ND classes. Grad transfers are obviously graduates, which makes the whole process more simple and straightforward.

I think Brey did operate with the same rules(mostly), but not sure he had the same mindset. It’s impressive that MS had all 3 recruits follow him to ND. Just look at the information out there on ND hoops recruiting now vs before. I think MS understands the social media aspects of recruiting in a way Brey never did. I’m also impressed by how he’s focused a good portion on Indiana and I’ll bet he had some relationships with some of the kids were started when he was at PU.