They might, but . . .
by tf86 (2023-06-09 08:57:15)

In reply to: How much longer before Big Twelveinvites say North Carolina  posted by LAW83

I think there's very little chance UNC would accept. UNC is in good position for an invite to Big Ten or SEC, certainly not because of football and not even so much because of basketball, but because both conferences want a foothold in North Carolina (and Virginia).

Specific to ACC, here's how I think realignment plays out, albeit not until after the GoR expires:

Clemson, Florida State, NC State and Va Tech to SEC;
UNC, UVa, Miami (probably) and Georgia Tech (possibly) to Big Ten.

Big XII will pick up some of the leftovers. Miami and/or Georgia Tech, definitely, if either or both get passed over by the Big Ten. Probably Pitt and Louisville, in a "we put the band back together" sort of move, given that each has a natural rivalry with an existing Big XII member (WVU for Pitt, Cincinnati for Louisville.) Probably Duke and Syracuse for basketball. I think Fredo and Wake are up the creek without a paddle. UConn (for basketball), South Florida (travel partner for UCF) and Tulane (somewhat natural fit within Big XII existing footprint, yet outside current footprint) all probably have a better chance of a Big XII invite than either of them has.