Play Zona. *
by Irishdog80 (2023-06-10 09:43:30)

In reply to: Shrewsberry discussing various players  posted by DukeSinatra

This user did not provide content for this post

Why should ND play zone D with an Italian accent? *
by Homeboy73  (2023-06-10 16:31:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminds them to use their hands. *
by campuszoo  (2023-06-10 17:41:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way too early starting lineup
by Lucid  (2023-06-10 13:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Burton, JR, Njie, Zona, Booth.

Or maybe Imes over JR for ball handling. Or Davis over Njie for similar reasons.

I’m sure Roper will start.
by NDMike2001  (2023-06-11 08:03:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s the most experienced player we have and I don’t see us starting our three post players. That put Booth off the bench for me.

Agree. Need additional ball handling next to Burton
by Nobilo  (2023-06-11 10:22:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re going to ride the highs and lows inevitable with a freshman PG, but need to give him help on the floor. My sense is that JR plays like a wing, as does Booth. We need a SG who can act as secondary ball handler to initiate offense. The other two freshmen will have a chance, but Roper would seem to be in pole position based on prior college experience.

Who knows? Almost anything is possible with this roster, good and bad. I suspect we will see some of each in every game. Hopefully finding consistency and identity by Feb.

Interesting, looking at PSU last year, Shrews tended to
by 84david  (2023-06-12 09:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

go with a 2F- 3G offense and sometimes 1F - 4G. Looks like he just wanted to have his best 5 log the majority of minutes, regardless of position.

I have no idea what he will do at ND, though.

Is this much different than many other coaches?
by pmoose  (2023-06-12 10:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe it is just my wrong impression, but I get the sense that most coaches favor a 3G-2F (where the 3 spot might be considered a swing, and the 5 might be considered a center) lineup. It also seems like many favor going to 4 guards to change pace (or will play that way most often if that appears to be the best lineup), and it seems less common to see someone insert 3 forwards to play big. However, I could be totally wrong on my impression.

Brey played a lot of a 4G-1F lineup in the last 2 years, mostly because we didn't have great options at F.

The crazy thing is…
by revressbo  (2023-06-10 13:43:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There’s legitimately no player who’s a “definite” starter. There are some who I think will be (Burton and Njie) but no definites.

Can’t recall there ever being literally 0 “sure thing” starters for ND bball in the summertime. It’s fun. And scary.

I think you’re right about Njie and Burton
by Lucid  (2023-06-10 13:59:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both will be in the starting lineup, it will be interesting to see where the remaining pieces fit. I would bet all ten are in the rotation, unless we get another wing, in which case Sanders might still be on the outside looking in. Would be nice to get a seasoned point guard though.

Is the Rutgers guard Mulcahy a possible transfer to ND? *
by Homeboy73  (2023-06-10 16:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes according to 247
by lucid  (2023-06-12 15:10:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ll see.

Clarification
by SB Jimbo  (2023-06-12 16:39:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My read on 247 was that ND would make a logical landing spot, but not that they've reached out.

Correct, no mention of contact
by lucid  (2023-06-12 17:29:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would surprised if we haven’t though.

Hope he joins ND, but a number of schools are chasing him. *
by Homeboy73  (2023-06-12 15:39:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post