UMass F transfer Josh Cohen is visiting ND this week (link)
by DBCooper (2024-03-23 20:48:50)

Apparently Cohen is visiting today. I hope Shrews has his
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-28 11:59:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

best sales pitch ready.

High school was Christian Brothers Academy in
by Homeboy73  (2024-03-28 10:58:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

New Jersey. Same as Billy Paterno etc.

ND, Arkansas, Xavier, Penn State *
by jtnd05  (2024-03-24 18:07:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’d have an immediate impact at ND. I have no clue how
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-25 17:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

those other schools are situated with post players. I hope Coach Shrewsberry sells him on the possibility of being an immediate contributor.

GET HIM …,
by irishfaninbethel  (2024-03-24 09:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks to be a perfect fit for the Irish! His post game reminds me a lot of Paul Atkinson— crafty moves, great footwork and appears to be a very good passer. Also appears to have shooting range, as well. GET HIM!!! My only question — can he dunk!!!! Nearly five minutes of highlights and no dunks! LOL. Josh Cohen would look great in an Irish uniform.

16 pts, 7 Reb, 2 assists ….6’10 …. Definitely worth a look. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-23 22:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More information
by Kayo  (2024-03-24 09:12:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

• He's a graduate transfer taking his Covid season. He will be 23 years old in May.

• His next school will be his third. Four years at St. Francis (didn't play as a freshman) and one at Massachusetts.

• Second team All-A10 center behind Dayton's DaRon Holmes.

• From the highlight video (below), he appears to be the back to the basket post scoring threat Notre Dame doesn't have and really can use to get shooters open.

• Not limited to playing back to the basket. Reasonably athletic. Able to score cutting to the basket.

• Appears to be a decent passer from the post, but 1.7 assists per game last season isn't special. However, 1.7 would tie John Mooney for the most by a post player since Ty Nash in 2010-11 (2.6). For current comparison, Dayton's Holmes has 2.6 assists per game this season.

• 56.7% on two point attempts this season. 34.4% on his limited number of three point attempts.

• Looks like a guy who would be a very nice addition to this team. A bridge to Garret Sundra having a prominent role... or a true post recruit TBD.

To add to that....
    by supernd  (2024-03-24 22:47:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was the leading scorer on a 20-11 team in the A-10. Which is better than being the leading scorer on a 4-24 team in the Patriot League. Would be a good pick up.

Some nice back-to-the-basket post up moves and finishes in
    by irishhawk49  (2024-03-24 10:58:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

those highlights. Got some offensive rebounds and put backs. He can even hit an occasional three. I think he’d be a welcome addition.