Dusty May to Michigan per CBS Sports. (link)
by irishhawk49 (2024-03-23 21:58:39)

Sorry to hear that from both directions…
by Scoop80  (2024-03-23 22:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess FAU was fortunate to keep him another year. He brought them to a level that exceeded their perceived ceiling by several orders of magnitude. They had put their limited egg supply into the FB basket—May probably played in several HS gyms in IN that were bigger than FAU’s. The Dead Guy is the only other HC they ever had w/ a winning record--believe it or not, he left for greener pastures after 1 year.

I would have rather seen someone other than MI get him. I wonder if IU will come to regret not easing Woodson out & bringing May home.

EDIT: FAU in the 7 seasons before Dusty May: 74-143 with 7 losing seasons.

FAU in 6 seasons with Dusty May: 126-69 with 6 winning seasons, a Final Four, and the program's first 2 NCAA Tournament appearances since 2002.

IU fans have to be pissed. *
by supernd  (2024-03-24 00:55:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As are Louisville fans. UL faithful believed May replacing
by JACC1203  (2024-03-25 00:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kenny Payne was a done deal especially after their top target Scott Drew said thanks but no thanks.

UL faithful are calling for their AD's head now that their top 2 candidates are Shaheen Holloway & Pat Kelsey.

They've gone into full-blown meltdown mode & I (much like Loverboy)
am loving every minute of it.

It's a clusterf*ck...
by iudomer  (2024-03-24 12:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Woodson has the backing of the BoT Chair, Quinn Buckner, and high level donors. Everyone else wanted to make a change including the AD.

No '24 recruits, all the Indiana kids in the '25 class will pass on IU. Woodson clinging to NBA model and asking for a GM to run recruiting in the portal.

So it's going well.

You should give him a five year extension. *
by Jeash  (2024-03-24 20:57:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats on the Sweet 16! *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-24 21:06:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He never should have been hired
by Freight Train  (2024-03-24 13:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's an NBA lifer who also has no generational understanding of high school age kids. I'm not an IU fan, but anyone with a brain could see that this experiment was doomed to failure from its inception.

Agreed…
by iudomer  (2024-03-24 14:02:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was Quinn Buckner hiring his buddy. The hiring of Matta/Fife to help transition MW into college everyone got behind. But both were bounced after a year and Woodson is lazy otherwise.

So everything is going great.

IU-Stanford parallels
by TB-SB  (2024-03-24 11:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last year Stanford decided to give its coach one more year and bet that hot coaching prospect and former Cardinal star Mark Madsen would wait once more year sanding in the Utah desert. He didn't and its now coaching its arch-rival Cal. IU should have let Woodson go and hired May.

I think you’re right. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-24 11:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post