sounds like they signed Mark Pope last night
by El capitan (2024-04-12 09:00:22)

In reply to: Cross Scott Drew’s name off oh the UK wishlist.  posted by usaf_irish

Good luck to the man. Lots of crazy at UK at the moment.

That's a shocking choice to me
by Freight Train  (2024-04-12 10:43:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's straight out of the ND hiring an inexperienced coach playbook but has UK ever done this?

Chris Beard would've taken that job in a heartbeat and he's been to a Final Four.

He’s been a head coach for nine years. 295-187 W/L. He
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-12 11:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was at Itah Valley for 4 years and BYU for 5. He played at Kentucky. So he has an idea of what he’s getting into in Lexington. I wouldn’t call him inexperienced.

They play an upbeat style of offense. I think this year 50% of their shots were three pointers. We’ll see how he does.

I’m curious as to his personality.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-12 12:07:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He appears to be a pretty buttoned down guy. How will he handle the insanity of the SEC.

I would imagine UK wants to move away from Cal’s 5* one-
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-12 13:38:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and-done model. He seems real even keeled the few times I’ve seen him coach. His Wikipedia says he’s a member of the LDS, for what that’s worth. I have no idea how he’ll deal with the craziness of the SEC. Time will tell.

The entire sport is basically 1 and done nowadays. *
by civil_engr05  (2024-04-12 16:47:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn started two seniors, two sophs, and a freshman.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-12 18:00:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It can be done and done at a high level.

I think they’d be fine with it they’d made the Final Four. *
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-12 14:30:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-12 14:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post