Imagine the Road to the Super Bowl
by ShermanOaksND (2018-12-13 23:34:45)

going through a 27,000-seat soccer stadium in Carson, California. Right now the Chiefs still control their own destiny, but it would be pretty amazing if the Chargers parlay tonight's stunning win into the #1 seed in the AFC.

Chargers/Browns
by bluengold07  (2018-12-14 08:53:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With 20,000 of the 27,000 seats filled with Browns fans.

With most of the fans being the opponent's
by Groundhog  (2018-12-14 02:06:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL has to be thrilled with that possibility. It would be perfect given the way San Diego got hosed.

The Raiders might play in San Diego next year while the Las Vegas stadium is being finished.

So the Chargers would have another game in San Diego. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-14 14:06:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Raiders playing home games in San Diego? [v]
by voidoid  (2018-12-14 10:07:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's some real wrath of God shit.

On the flip side, I would proudly wear San Diego Raiders paraphernalia as a middle finger to Dean Spanos.

I'd love for the Chargers to get back to the Super Bowl.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-14 00:16:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife grew up in San Diego. My one and only Chargers game in person was Dan Fouts' last professional game (1987 - yes, it's been that long) and we have various Chargers paraphernalia in the house. I realize they are not in San Diego anymore, but at least there is one Domer on the squad (Rochell). I was sorry they went north.

Awesome victory tonight.

Regarding the Schatz post
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-12-14 00:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Teams down by 8 almost always go for 1, even if they plan to go for 2 if they pull to within 1. The only exception I can think of was Lou Holtz in the 1993 BC game -- and he went for 2 when ND was down by 15, cutting the deficit to 13. I took that as a show of strength -- "we're going to take the lead, and there's nothing you can do about it" -- but perhaps he was playing the percentages, too.

I'd be happy with the Chargers or the Chiefs in the Super Bowl -- at this point, anybody but the Patriots would be fine with me. I've seen the Chargers a few times in San Diego, which of course is where they belong (but if Spanos won't sell, they should move to CDMX).

EdjSports says Chargers should have gone for two at 28-20
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-14 14:16:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(by a bit) and even more so at 28-27.