Hakstol fired
by meatwhistle (2018-12-17 17:57:30)

What a garbage fire this season has been. Carter Hart called up?

Sounds like they’re going after Q.

IMHO not a good idea to call Hart up ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-17 18:54:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they my have no other option but I really think he needs AHL time. We'll see. The Canadiens set Price back a few years by dumping Huet and sticking Carey in there too soon.

I don't agree. He shouldn't be the #1 right now, but
by veets  (2018-12-19 14:52:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he could stay up for the season as the backup, getting starts every 3rd or 4th game gaining experience and slowly being introduced to the NHL.

From everything I've read about him, it seems like he's been preparing for this mentally for a pretty long time.

Stolarz and Elliot are hurt. Neuvirth is health-ish and doesn't have a history of staying healthy for stretches. Lyon is not an NHL goalie.

If you read what I said, I'm talking about him starting ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-19 16:25:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right now, that's what it appears they have in mind.

I don't know if Neuvirth is back from his paternity leave
by veets  (2018-12-19 17:00:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they might not have had another option.

I recognize that could be ....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-19 17:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and if it is that's a good basis for a temporary call up. Long term, I think it's a big mistake to make him the starter and if Elliott's back in January this kid is much better off playing as the starter in the AHL. G development is much about adapting to the professional game every other night or so, and a lot of it's between the ears. The leap from the OHL to even the AHL is a big jump.

That's my view too.
by Steelhop  (2018-12-20 08:49:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My hope this is just a short-term call up to get his feet wet. But, he needs to continue to develop his game. I get the view that playing every 3 or 4 game is one way to go about that but I think that should be next 2019-20 years plan. This year he should be playing 70-75% of the games at the AHL level and learning to be a professional.

He is only 20. He has a long career in front of him. Playing him early before he is ready to be a NHL goalie can only screw that up.

these decisions appear to be the general moves
by steelhop  (2018-12-18 17:23:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of a corporate no nothing that is worried about quarterly earnings. I'm fine with Hak going, I am disturbed that Hextall was fired too but okay. It is just the order makes no sense. The team clearly had quit on Hak about a month ago, yet it was Hextall going first. Add in the Carter decision reeks of Comcast stupidity than anything else.

Completely agree
by meatwhistle  (2018-12-19 12:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hart looked promising last night, but he's not ready to do that night after night. Scott/Comcast want more asses in the seats, and Hart and Quenneville will probably deliver those asses.

All that said, they were actually played as complete a game as they have all season. I don't know what Hak had against Lindblom and Sanheim, but they both should have been playing more.

The almost inevitable bump-up ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-19 13:26:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

most coaching changes give a short-term kick. I could be wrong but I see the weaknesses as real. And there's a reason most G aren't ready until they're 23-24 or so.

Agreed. There is no doubt
by Steelhop  (2018-12-20 08:51:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there was a load taken off the team and Murphy simplified the system given the 1 day of practice. They also played a team that isn't very good. Let's see how things shake out over the next couple of weeks.

They still should be playing all the young kids and keeping vets that won't be on the team in the future on the bench. This season is going nowhere and no sense doing something dumb like making a trade or getting to the 1st round only to get destroyed by the Caps or Pens.

The only place I'd disagre is that if they want....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-20 11:27:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be a seller at the deadline, they probably need to play some of the guys you'd keep on the bench.

Fair enough. *
by steelhop  (2018-12-20 18:26:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah - it's hard to see any real "plan" here ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-18 17:58:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's harder to see why Holmgren is still there. Comcast must be afraid that he's going to lace up the skates and board them. Sticking Hart into this looks a lot like a desperate public relations move. How many NHL Goalies these days can handle starting at his age? As I pointed out the Habs probably delayed Price's track by a couple of years and he actually had a decent D in front of him when they made dumped it on him. Philly's D blows goats right now. Hart may start off with a bang but I don't see how a guy who just turned 20 is ready to handle this starting assignment over 2/3 of a season.

I agree with you on Carter Hart. He just started settling in
by PhillyIrish  (2018-12-18 08:18:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and having good stretch run in the AHL. There is no reason to bring him up in front of that sieve of a defense right now. They should have just kept Lyon up and live with it. This yer is a wash anyway.

Especially with that s--tshow PK in front of him...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-18 08:50:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as I said, we'll see.