Looks like Fangio to the Broncos *
by dwjm3 (2019-01-09 12:27:22)

Should be an interesting season next year.
by harmonica  (2019-01-09 14:38:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like Nagy but I'm curious how he develops, especially regarding timeout/clock management and staying on the right side of the line between innovation and stupid gimmicks. Given his mentor, I'm not too optimistic on the former.

The offense was something like 22nd in DVOA this year, so we'll see how much of this team was carried by Fangio. It's one of the youngest rosters in the NFL, so there's a lot of room for growth. On the other hand, the interception rate in 2018 is beyond unsustainable.

Why did Bowles chose the Bucs over the Bears?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-09 17:02:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm assuming the Bears were in the mix for Bowles after Fangio departed.

Sounds like Bowles wanted to keep his word. *
by irishsundevil  (2019-01-09 23:09:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bowles played for Arians *
by dwjm3  (2019-01-09 17:38:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to discount the opportunity that was lost
by irishaddict  (2019-01-09 14:49:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I expect some progression on offense, but they really do need to figure out how to improve the weapons on offense. Given money/draft capital spent on those positions in the last couple of years (Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Shaheen, Burton etc.) I am not sure what they do there.

The defense may not be as fortunate in terms of injury luck/turnover luck, but does have some upside with younger guys. I'd like to get an upgrade at corner from Amukamura too.

Their cap situation is so-so
by Groundhog  (2019-01-10 01:33:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They aren't in the predicament that the Eagles and Jaguars are, but they are in the bottom third in available money for 2019.