The Saints got hosed
by HTownND (2019-01-20 21:02:36)

I don’t know what else to say. That was bad.

Everyone talks about the NFLs other issues, but if they don’t fix the piss poor state of officiating, that will bring the end soon enough.

This was the fucking NFC Championship game. You can’t miss a call like that.

I was originally excited about a potential Rams and Chiefs SB. After that, I just turned it all off, won’t watch anymore.

The refs suck, it’s terrible

The Chiefs got hosed
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-20 22:47:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Roughing the passer," my ass. Without that call, the Patriots would've had to punt and KC could've put the game away.

The Rams were the Patriots' opponent in the first Brady-Belichick Super Bowl. Hopefully this one will be their last. At long, long, long last.

" ... lined up in the neutral zone ..."
by CJC  (2019-01-21 12:02:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those words would be haunting me for a long time if I were a Chiefs fan.

Roughing the passer was horrible call and the former official commentating had the balls to honestly say that you can't "guess" your way into that call -- you have to be sure you see it.

The officiating was horrible all day long -- I thought that they did a particularly bad job applying the appropriate standard of review in both games (when did the standard become "clear and obvious," as Perreira (sp?) kept saying? -- not that it matters because in context that's synonymous with whatever the standard is -- irrefutable or whatever).

And the non-call at the expense of the Saints will be talked about forever.

But you gotta control what you can control and the Chiefs had a chance to win that game by lining up onsides.

As horrible as the roughing the passer call was...
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-01-21 21:55:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I agree there's no way it should have been a penalty...

The officials also blew a pretty obvious DPI on the same play, so it roughly evened out, give or take a couple of yards of field position.

"clear and obvious"
by ArasEra  (2019-01-21 13:50:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That became the standard on the David Grimes (non)TD catch vs Stanford.

Do your job, refs, just like a player lining up in the neutral zone. Both are fundamentally wrong and deserve criticism and whatever consequences might occur because of them.

KC's defensive backfield is just awful
by jt  (2019-01-21 00:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and all they can run is cover 2 man under and the Patriots picked them apart.

Just awful; seems like Andy Reid led teams always have some sort of silly flaw like that. With Philly it was that his wr's were always so soft and with KC he just cannot put a defense together.

You'd think
by Groundhog  (2019-01-21 17:52:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After the 15th time they got killed in the middle of the field, they would have made some adjustment.

The KC safeties are terrible. Berry has talent, but you have to wonder if the injuries have become too great to overcome. Sorenson is awful.

Reid and Schottenheimer must have the same shrink
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-21 10:50:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who obviously is a quack.

It should have been DPI on KC.
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-01-21 00:04:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it evened out.

And KC got away with another sketchy pass defense, and had the mother of all pick plays on the play that led to their go-ahead TD, so I have a hard time feeling much sympathy.

Belichick will break out the cameras for nostalgia purposes.
by HennaOrNo  (2019-01-21 00:04:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe even convince people that Weis knew what he was doing for old time’s sake,

The greatest trick the NFL has ever pulled.
by jakam31  (2019-01-20 21:28:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is convincing America the entire thing isn't as rigged as the WWE.