I wonder if Stern would allow a trade to the Lakers
by Groundhog (2019-01-30 01:11:39)

In reply to: The NBA has finally jumped the Shark  posted by HTownND

Given that he denied Chris Paul going there, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the matter.

I also wonder if the small market owners will get fed up with Silver.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2019-01-30 11:07:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This could be a crossing the Rubicon for the NBA.

I understand he wants to move on, but all reports are that his representatives have told everyone that he intends to sign with the Lakers so any trade is just a rental.

Again, I understand his point, but the NBA is already one of the most player friendly leagues on the planet. He signed that 5 year deal with NO in 2016 with an opt out after the 19/20 season.

But to basically force a trade to the Lakers now, so he can sign a super max extension with them, versus the far smaller contract he would get signing as a FA after 2020 will not go over well with anyone.

especially when his agent is same as LeBron *
by DBCooper  (2019-01-30 11:17:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Lebron owns the agency
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-02-01 00:22:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The whole thing sucks and makes the league look horrible.