Sixers make a sizeable move..........
by Ty Webb (2019-02-06 10:26:25)

Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic and Mike Scott to Philadelphia.

Landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler, two first rounders (their 2020 first round pick and the Heat's unprotected 2021 first round pick) and two second rounders to the Clippers.

I think the Boston playoff series last year showed the 76ers
by 206er  (2019-02-06 12:45:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don't have the makeup to be a champion.

Simmons doesn't have the heart to lead a team to a title and utterly disappeared against the Celtics. Being a generational point-guard talent and having your college team barely go .500 is a sign of something amiss personality-wise. (This counts triply for Fultz, whose University of Washington team went 2-16 in conference during his one season there.)

Embiid, for all his talent, doesn't seem to have the discipline of someone like Tim Duncan. He's constantly out on the perimeter and making his trips to the basket far more complicated than they need to be.

I thought initially that Butler might get things cracking with the two talented young'uns, but he might have hit a brick wall early and started to overdo things. We'll see about the new trade, but I'm not optimistic.

Embiid trains to make things more complicated.
by Mark_It_Zero  (2019-02-06 15:32:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drew Hanlen is a big fan of teaching moves to find space rather than using your body to create space.

That's a bit excessive
by Ty Webb  (2019-02-06 13:29:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Embiid is playing much differently this year, for example.

i think its a great trade for the 76ers
by DBCooper  (2019-02-06 10:44:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as long as they can sign him long term. If a rental, thats alot with the 2 first rounders. Im surprised they didnt want Conley instead. Seems like they could use a true PG with Lowry and Irving in their path, over a SF/PF. Certainly his strong 3pt shooting is important.

However, I think Harris is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. As a Celtics fan the 76ers scare me more than any other team in the East

Woj bomb
by Ty Webb  (2019-02-06 11:05:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Said that league sources are claiming the Sixers are budgeting to try to keep all four.

My concern would be a cohesion thing. They've had a bit of trouble getting Butler to fit, now adding Harris could add another level of chaos.

I'll be a bit surprised if Butler stays
by Groundhog  (2019-02-07 01:16:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are too many teams that are going to have massive amounts of cap space. I don't see the 76ers being able to outbid all of them.

Sixers can offer him the most
by Ty Webb  (2019-02-07 09:14:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it appears they are planning on doing so based on recent Woj bombs. Sixers can offer him up to 5 years, $190MM. On the open market, he can only sign for 4 years, around $140MM.

What it comes down to will be if Butler thinks he fits and can win in Philly.

Harris will be an easier fit because he is a better shooter
by PhillyIrish  (2019-02-06 11:17:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than Butler. Harris doesn't need the space cleared for him as he creates more spacing by hanging at the wings. The Butler fit has worried me throughout but the Sixers starting 5 were statistically in the top ten before this trade.

The issue for the Sixers is finding bench players that can defend and pitch in on offense. For instance last night the top 3 without JJ scored 75 out of the 107 points.

they might need you to be on their bench then
by DBCooper  (2019-02-06 11:11:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not sure what type of depth they can get. Im sure any vet who gets bought out soon they will be all over. Matthews makes a lot of sense, but I still think they need a true point guard.