Glorious Monday!
by wiNDycityfan (2022-01-10 09:46:06)
Edited on 2022-01-10 09:50:43

Nagy and Pace fired, and Ted Phillips retiring in 2023. Didn’t think they had the balls to do this.

Maybe, just maybe, there is a new found competence at Hallas Hall.

maybe they can get Rex Ryan - he seems to know more than
by kdh325  (2022-01-11 23:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

anyone else out there. Or at least he thinks so.

The Donald Sterling school of sports management
by SixShutouts66  (2022-01-10 17:09:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why worry about being good when there's no way of losing money. I've said before that the NFL draft, scheduling and salary cap are set up to rotate teams from the bottom to the top and then back down. It takes unusual competence to stay at the top, and unbelievable incompetence to stay mired at the lower levels.

At least Sterling made no bones about his policy (low salaries, develop draft prospects until you let them go to free agency). The Bears management seems to believe and keep peddling the story that they're one hire away from returning as the Midway Monsters.

"New found competence" ? Ha!
by Chuck84  (2022-01-10 15:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Five McCaskeys sitting around a room wondering what to do."

This is the way the scene at Halas Hall was described to me this morning.

Fear not, 79 year-old Bill Polian is involved now, instead of 80 year-old Ernie Acorsi this time. So, ... there's that.

If you haven't figured out after 35 years of Trestman, Fox, Nagy. Pace, McGinnis, etc., the coaches and GM's are the symptom, not the problem, ... well, then enjoy.

I'm counting on blind squirrel theory
by Kayo  (2022-01-13 20:11:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If not this time, before I die.

Sounds like a nursery rhyme but with the McCaskeys...
by Kbyrnes  (2022-01-10 16:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...or maybe a jump-rope chant.

"Five Mc-Cas-keys
Sittin' 'round a room
Five Mc-Cas-keys
Wond'rin' what to do..."

they're the Bluth family without Michael *
by El capitan  (2022-01-10 16:18:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Glad to see you back, Your Swarthiness! *
by sprack  (2022-01-10 16:17:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like more of the same (link)
by dwjm3  (2022-01-10 14:50:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was an embarrassing press conference… (edit)
by wiNDycityfan  (2022-01-10 15:10:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

George is going to rely on the trust he has of his accountant, a man who has been out of football for a decade, and a diversity officer Tanisha, to determine who will run the football side of the franchise - AND by the way, the head coach may be hired before the GM, who will report directly to George, after he says “I’m not a football person, I’m just a fan.”

The only thing Bill Polian is known for in the last ten years is repeatedly saying that MVP QB Lamar Jackson should have been moved to WR.

Thankfully Ted Marchibroda is already dead. Seriously though, I think it’s gonna be Jim Caldwell.

This organization is run worse than an Ace Hardware, while the rest of the NFL is a Home Depot-like corporation and culture. What a disaster. George McCaskey makes Jack Swarbrick look like Steve Jobs.

I don’t think I can continue to support this team.
by irishsundevil  (2022-01-10 20:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

George is oblivious.

you forgot about Soup Campbell! *
by El capitan  (2022-01-10 16:19:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Campbell has an interesting story and he played a few
by 1978Irish  (2022-01-11 15:34:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

years in the NFL, but it seems like his job with the Bears is to be the Players’ friend and get them stuff they need/want.

The Diversity officer used to be their event planner.

Polian seems like the only one on the committee who has any expertise in hiring football management

Soup was also a Realtor after his brief NFL career.
by djpall  (2022-01-11 17:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So a ticket salesman, an accountant, a realtor and an event planner conducting the Bear's GM/Coach search.
I fully expect Chris Polian as GM and Brian as HC.

That was a disaster. George should have just announced
by djpall  (2022-01-10 16:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the firings and ended the press conference. The more he talked just reinforced just how incompetent he is. Bears are doomed to failure as long as the McCaskey's own the team.

Best part was when Haugh muted himself *
by rick  (2022-01-10 15:18:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then again...
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-01-10 13:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes it is.
by djpall  (2022-01-10 10:14:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure about any competence. I think McCaskey tested the winds to see if he could keep Pace around in some fashion. Discovered that this would be toxic to getting potential coaches. I hope whoever is brought in cleans house all the way down to the scouting group as well.
Until a new ownership group is in place, the Bears will always underachieve.