Post Reply to Olympic
This is not a vent board or any other kind of therapy. Before you hit the POST button, ask yourself if your contribution will add to the level of discussion going on.
Important notes on articles:
- Please do not copy entire articles into your post; rather, provide links to them.. We are now links-only for ALL Internet publications. If only a small portion of the article pertains to your post, Fair Use allows you to copy those one or two paragraphs, provided you cite the author's name and the publication for which he writes. Otherwise, put a link in the HTTP Link box.
- Even if you're copying a reference to an article, provide a link to the page from which the article came. We're trying to cut down on duplicate topics, and the posting process will check the link to your article to see if it's already being discussed on this board. At the very least, you'll save yourself some grief on the boards.
- If your first reaction after reading the article you're going to share is the author is uninformed / stupid / a jerk / all of the above, it's not worth sharing with anyone. Not every article needs to be discussed. The more the hair-pulling articles are discussed (e.g. ESPN Page 2), the more the authors will write hair-pulling articles.
Post being replied to
Winter Olympics need a pentathlon type event. by Irish Tool
Big Air snowboarding has shown us they're hurting for events. Why isn't there a multisport event? It would be pretty straightforward:
1. An alpine event, probably slalom.
2. Speed skating, probably just a short/mid distance one because you'd also have...
3. Cross Country Skiing.
4. A sliding event, probably luge (although this leads me to realize a two-person team pentathlon could be sweet - bobsled, relay speed skate, combined skiing, cross country relay).
5. One more - could we host this whole thing without a "judged" event? Maybe the snowboard-cross or whatever it's called when everyone races at once? Generally I think the judged sports and ski jumping are too specialized. Hockey shootout? (Again, the two-person idea can bring in curling. I really like that 2-person pentathlon, honestly).