This is not a vent board or any other kind of therapy. Before you hit the POST button, ask yourself if your contribution will add to the level of discussion going on.
Important notes on articles:
Here are a few thoughts: by MPG
1. After going 5-5 against a mediocre non-conference schedule, the Irish lost their first four ACC matches and then won their next four. A nine match losing streak moved them from the middle of the ACC pack to the bottom. A road win over Va. Tech moved them to a 12th place finish in the conference.
2. The team had three grad transfers and one of them was their best middle blocker. The other two made minimal contributions. Another grad transfer or two will be needed.
3. There were no seniors of note on the roster that had been depleted by transfers.
4. Junior libero Hattie Monson was the star of the team. Lauren Tarnoff was the second best middle.
5. Sophomore Phyona Schrader was the setter in every set of every match and seemed good to me. Paris Thompson is a promising outside hitter, but missed some matches. This could be an injury problem, but I don't know because the team receives almost no media coverage.
6. Freshmen Lucy Trump and Avery Ross showed some promise as outside hitters. Maisie Alexander and Cailey Dockery were regulars in the server/defensive specialist rotation.
7. There has not yet been an announcement on the signings for 2023. I believe that there will be two Texans, a libero and an outside hitter. Coach Rockwell's first real recruiting class will be 2024 because the best prospects tend to commit at the beginning of their junior year of high school. She has commitments from three tall and talented prospects for 2024.
8. I do not know volleyball well enough to judge coaching. This year's results were not unexpected, although ND did lose to a couple of teams who finished below them in the standings. A reasonable goal would be to finish in the middle five of the ACC in 2023 and make the top five in 2024. The top five usually receive NCAA bids.