For those of you wanting a true hi-fidelity experience from
by Raoul (2024-04-29 13:29:12)

your new (or old) vinyl records, attached are the editors' choice for turntables for audiophiles from The Absolute Sound.

Vinyl record and turntable sales are growing fast again and it is inevitable some will want to have the best sound possible from their records. There have always been people out there who considered digital recordings almost unlistenable.

Neil Young was not a fan of digital.
by mkovac  (2024-04-29 15:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He must have a very sensitive ear. Personally, I have no such talent.

I remember him saying, "Listening to digital music is like taking a shower with ice cubes."

Brrrr.

But he was/is a fan of some kind of “high def” audio.
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-29 16:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, I don’t remember the specifics, but I do remember him mention something about it awhile ago in an interview with Stern.

10 years ago he was marketing a music device called Pono
by 105Marquette  (2024-04-29 17:50:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He hyped it as cutting edge because it played a proprietary music file whose A2D conversion was at some crazy bit size. The price for the thing was $400 -- twice the price of an iPhone 6, which had been released roughly the same time. And the thing failed spectacularly because even audiophiles couldn't tell the difference between music played on it versus music played on an iPhone.

Going to see him May 15 in Forest Hills w/ with Crazy Horse
by Moff  (2024-04-29 15:30:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should be analog.

Thanks, I was just looking at the Air Force Zero
by S---Alley2  (2024-04-29 14:00:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't realize that they have Tungsten top platter option. That will be hard to pass up.

The 700 pound one? It's a steal at 500k
by doolinbanjos  (2024-04-29 14:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sheesh.

I just got the last one for my lake house *
by bigjinx74  (2024-04-29 14:39:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post