Vancouver restaurant recommendations needed.
by akaRonMexico (2024-04-29 13:47:57)

Staying at the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown. Need a decent restaurant for dinner as well as a good sports bar for watching hockey tomorrow night. For the restaurant, nothing overly expensive (I'm on business and don't have any customers to entertain) so the Keg is probably the top price wise for comparison.

Thanks!

there is a place in North Vancouver
by irishrock  (2024-04-29 14:00:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which may offer one of the greatest city landscape views you'll ever see called Salmon House. I don't remember it being too expensive but you'll have to make that call yourself...you'll cross Lionsgate bridge which has a fascinating story: Guinness family from Ireland owned all the land in North Vancouver...they built the bridge and immediately gave it to the city for free...which made their property skyrocket in value.

great city

There is a place in North Ontario...
by knutesteen  (2024-04-29 15:07:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's place in Southern California
by Moff  (2024-04-29 16:10:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

down San Diego way. There's a little cafe, where they play guitars all night and all day. You can hear them in the back room strummin'

It's pretty little though.

Going to see Neil with Crazy Horse in a few months
by mocopdx  (2024-04-29 15:20:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

20th row, dead center. I've seen Neil solo twice, so I'm very excited to see him actually rock out with the full band.

We've got standing room seats in the pit in front of the
by Moff  (2024-04-29 16:12:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stage. Given his audience,I'm not too worried about a mosh pit forming

I wanted to be closer
by mocopdx  (2024-04-29 16:31:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no pit for our venue(for this show, at least) but the first few rows were $500 for face value. I love you, Neil, but I can't stomach that cost.

Enjoy the show. I saw the setlist for this tour and hoo boy is it a good one. Let me know if you'd like me to link it- I know some prefer to be surprised.

I had 4th row at the ACC on 10/12/78
by knutesteen  (2024-04-29 18:24:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I brought my camera and in an unusual (for him) move, he actually posed for me. Three of my photos with the ticket stub are in a frame above my monitor as I type. The Rust Never Sleeps tour with Crazy Horse.
In Austin at the Bass Concert Hall I saw him solo from the 2nd row center on 6/5/10. I went solo myself, as I didn't think I could find anyone else willing to justify the $200 ticket price.
I saw him with Crazy Horse at ACLFest in Austin on 10/13/12 the same day we stuffed Stepfan Taylor and Stanford. Quite the day all around.

I actually linked one below. Was happy to see quite a few
by Moff  (2024-04-29 17:31:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

favorites although he seems to be mixing it up a little night to night. My son is going too and I took him to see a tribute band (Sugar Mountain) as a warmup. He was amazed by the guitar work and I have to admit I had forgotten how good he is.