Health insurance deductible question
by The Holtz Room (2024-04-29 17:27:29)

I just got the “congrats on your upcoming birthday, here’s your new (way higher) premium letter.

I’ve been with BCBS for a number of years and in that time have only had one (albeit self-inflicted over 10 years ago) significant series of claims. Knock on wood, in good health.

I’ve been paying out of pocket for a little while now.

As I’m finishing up this gig and looking for something with benefits, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just up my deductible (I believe it’s $1,500 now) in order to contain my out of pocket costs until I find something new.

Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

And we can leave “move to Canada or Sweden” as posted.

for my company
by NDWahoo  (2024-05-01 20:05:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The total premiums for the high deductible plan and funding the 5,000 HSA which covered the deductible was less than the premiums of the low deductible plan. Easy choice.

Can you up your deductible and get an HSA? *
by Irish1117  (2024-04-30 09:59:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the end, I'm still the beneficiary
by DakotaDomer  (2024-04-29 20:06:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of you quitting