Hartman undrafted.
by 84david (2024-04-27 19:18:17)

He’ll get a tryout somewhere, but ought to consider CFL or UFL.

Washington made a significant financial commitment. (link)
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-28 15:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine that is far less than his last year at ND *
by doolinbanjos  (2024-04-29 12:38:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-29 12:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy
by DakotaDomer  (2024-04-28 21:36:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I quickly google-Ed for my upset B9 and told him 100-150k..this is far more than expected.

I do not believe he will ever take a snap
by Private Joke R  (2024-04-28 05:43:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as an NFL starter.

Clipoard holder is a decent job
by gozer  (2024-04-28 16:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and holds a lot less likelihood of lifelong debilitating injury.

Third string it for 4-5 years, never play a snap, put away a nice nest egg and walk from the game with good looks intact. Worse fates can befall a guy.

They gave him $20,000 signing bonus and $225,000
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-28 19:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guaranteed. I found that hard to believe but it’s in the link above.

Ian Book took snaps as a starter. Just sayin’ *
by dignan  (2024-04-28 08:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bold prediction *
by Lefty 04  (2024-04-28 06:40:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did sign as an UFA with Washington
by 105Marquette  (2024-04-27 20:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And if my daughters are any indication, if he made the team the Commanders would make a fortune in Hartman jerseys bought by women.

There’s always “The Bachelor” *
by Kali4niaND  (2024-04-27 20:40:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not really surprising
by carroll2005  (2024-04-27 20:24:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He tested poorly at the combine and at subsequent workouts.

His film with us was pretty much shit.

The book is out that he has an athletic ceiling and he struggles when forced to go off schedule

Should he have played in the Sun Bowl? *
by MrE  (2024-04-28 12:19:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What hurt hartman was his reaction to being pressured.
by 84david  (2024-04-27 22:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was well over 60% when standing in the pocket
with no pass rush. When pressured, his % dipped down
to about 40, one of the worst in FBS.

Should he land with an NFL team with a great OL,
I think he’ll make it. Otherwise, he’ll be out of the league
quick

Riley Leonard will surely right this wrong *
by ndzippy  (2024-04-27 20:36:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based on what? *
by Wass  (2024-04-27 20:46:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(I was actually being sarcastic, but maybe there's a shot) *
by ndzippy  (2024-04-27 23:12:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, did I read that wrong!
by Wass  (2024-04-28 12:45:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lol! And I try to be sarcastic all the time as well. I actually hope things work out, but I am not all that confident he'll finish the season. With the surgeries and the offense, I don't think he exactly fits with the offense Denbrock runs because the chronic injury. We'll see soon enough.

He needs a big year with ND in 2024
by Jvan  (2024-04-27 21:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

….to dispel questions about his accuracy and injury concerns. Otherwise, he is bigger than Hartman, has a better arm, and is a better runner.

And a craptastic offensive system *
by ACross  (2024-04-27 23:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And more surgeries
by Wass  (2024-04-27 21:39:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We haven't seen him take a snap for ND and are basing things on what he did two seasons ago. I'm glad the younger QBs got plenty of practice. Based on what I've seen in the past 6 months, ND will need them.

I share those concerns
by Jvan  (2024-04-28 12:55:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't care less about what Leonard did two years ago. The accuracy and injury concerns are legitimate. I don't know how you managed to read unbridled optimism into my post above. I just said he needs to have a big year in 2024. I don't know if he will or not - or if he'll even be ready to go in August.

No argument from me
by Wass  (2024-04-28 13:23:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kind of said the same thing above this. Maybe I'm still at the "fool me once" stage because of Hartman, but I'm even more skeptical with Leonard because of the injury. Maybe the leg injury will heal up OK and he'll have to further issues, but with so many surgeries in a short period of time, I'm not sure that will be the case. The only positive thing to come out of this is that the other 3 QBs got plenty of reps. I think that will be a bigger plus than we realize in the long term.

It also might deter the other QBs from transferring
by Jvan  (2024-04-28 14:12:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To me, the job is still wide open.

I didn't want to say that...
by Wass  (2024-04-28 14:30:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but, yeah, the position is still wide open, and all of the other QBs had a good spring practice. I didn't get to the spring game (it was a bit chilly and I'm having some health issues), but I'm planning on watching it this week with my dad, who has seen light years more football than I have. He'll give me an honest opinion of the players. I'm not as concerned about the position as I was in the past few years.

Please post some of your dad's insights *
by Jvan  (2024-04-28 17:06:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are pretty big questions about his accuracy though *
by Colonel Mustard  (2024-04-27 21:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't he quite athletic - a great dunker and hoops
by Raoul  (2024-04-27 21:18:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

scholarship guy. Probably all around a better athlete. But is he a great QB? Who knows.

Nobody from Wake Forest got drafted. *
by Domerduck  (2024-04-27 20:14:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do the 3 players drafted know about that? *
by dulac89  (2024-04-28 12:55:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And at least one other who played elsewhere as a grad
by sprack  (2024-04-28 15:07:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

transfer.

Wrong *
by gmb66  (2024-04-27 20:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Report he's signing with Washington *
by SB JIMBO  (2024-04-27 19:32:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Washington who drafted QB J.Daniels #2 overall? *
by bsuryn  (2024-04-27 20:49:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And with 3 QB already on the roster. That makes 5.
by Barney68  (2024-04-28 09:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With five quarterbacks on the roster, somebody is cannon fodder.

At 6' 1" and 210 lb, Hartman's the shortest of the bunch and tied for lightest ... with a guy who's major negative is that he's not robust enough to handle the NFL's pounding. Add to that a less than incredibly good season at ND, and (I'm very sorry to type this) I think I know who will lead the forlorn hope detachment against the starting defense.

Also drafted RGIIII and Cousins in the same draft…
by ndaero93  (2024-04-28 07:46:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No. I’m not comparing either of those two to Daniel’s or Hartman. I don’t believe Hartman is anything like Cousins.