My lottery email arrived; A&M and PUR start time guesses.
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-04-29 14:02:19)
Edited on 2024-04-29 14:02:57

Is the email correct that you can buy up to 10 tickets for each home game or am I reading that wrong? I really wonder if I am reading that right. Meanwhile, Matt S is forecasting that both the Texas A&M and Purdue games will have 7:30 pm ET start times.

(My local club hasn't advertised a bus trip so I wonder if there will be one this fall. I need to check on that.)

"room picks" approach to the ticket lottery
by 31-30  (2024-04-29 17:51:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every year they increase the number of tickets that can be bought. It seems like an approach designed to encourage someone with an early date/time to reach out to friends/family with later times and buy for them as well. Maybe that makes sense for "pulling up" roommates for dorm room picks, but it seems like an odd way to run a "lottery."

May 9 @ 10am
Home games - 12 tickets (with a note that says +2 if you are a "Monogram level lottery participant)
Texas A&M - 4
Southern Cal and Purdue - 10
Ga Tech and Navy - 20

It's not a lottery any longer.
by cabnd00  (2024-04-29 20:05:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know why they call it a lottery.

When I opened my email, I thought I hit the lottery
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-30 07:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until I quickly settled into my usually-suspicious self and realized the tickets aren't worth the price. Thanks, Jack.

Correct, it’s a queue *
by fortune_smith  (2024-04-29 20:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or like United Airlines boarding groups *
by backroads  (2024-04-29 21:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any idea what the home night games will be? Florida
by 1978Irish  (2024-04-29 17:07:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

State would seem to be the obvious pick.

Louisville and/or Stanford? Just 1 or both?

Matt Sarzyniak has speculated that NBC might use the
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-29 21:52:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND-Stanford game as a lead-in to a prime-time B1G game featuring Ohio State @ Oregon, meaning the Stanford game would be an afternoon game.

So...what about taking Ohio State at Oregon on 10/12 or Ohio State at Penn State on 11/2? Ohio State at Oregon doesn't fit the "Big Noon" mold since it would be a 9am start in Eugene. FOX could certainly take it to air later in the afternoon. Friday night I don't believe is an option based on Ohio State's desire not to play on Fridays. Could certainly see it as the NBC game with Stanford at Notre Dame as a lead in too.

Louisville is the Peacock-exclusive game
by Vermin96  (2024-04-29 21:36:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure if that makes it a night game, but this was announced at halftime of the Blue-Gold game while they were discussing the schedule with Bevacqua.

I only get two for home games and apparently 0 for away.
by missnd  (2024-04-29 14:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a Monogram club member and below the image that shows my level, time (May 17, 10am), and limits it says, "Home game ticket limits will be increased by 10 per game if you are also an Alumni level lottery participant. This increase will be reflected in your online account."

I would think Monogram Club members would have better
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-04-29 15:09:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

access than an alum like me who only gives a little above the minimum amount to qualify. Now that I look again at that icon, it looks like a stadium seat. The 10-ticket limit for Florida State seems odd but then again, it's a November game.

The email does shows different limits for away games, which I think someone mentioned here recently:

Texas A&M - 2 tickets
Purdue and Southern Cal - 6 tickets
Georgia Tech and Navy - 20 tickets

For home games, the absolute cheapest tickets are $65 for NIU, Miami (OH), and UVA for the worst seats in the house. The most expensive tickets are $550 for Florida State (sections 8-12, 26-30). Is that an all-time high for single-game tickets for a game?

That's what my email says.
by ufl  (2024-04-29 15:32:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I may actually go to the Georgia Tech game.

Right? I am trying to reach out for clarifcation.
by missnd  (2024-04-29 15:26:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently I could have donated less ($200 for regular Alumni Level vs $300 for Monogram Club) and gotten more tickets and more options? What sense does that make?

I really wish they would provide some transparency up front on this before we donate. I understand that they probably make decisions on who gets what based on overall donations, but still, it feels a bit like a bait and switch to me.

Clarification obtained. I do have access to all the above
by missnd  (2024-04-29 16:28:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently the two home tickets can be purchased during the Monogram window on May 17. I also have access to the Alumni Level on May 20.

The ticket office seems to think it's ok to just send the email about the Monogram Club window and I'm supposed to magically know that I have also have an opportunity to buy the additional tickets the following Monday. That part was not indicated anywhere on the email or on my account on the ticket site.