Why is Corrigan allowed to get away with antics
by metro5domer (2016-05-22 15:51:40)

that would get Kelly or Brey fired.

Admittedly, I turned off the game halfway through the second quarter but I had seen enough. Corrigan was doing his best purple-face exhibition all over the refs. At one point I saw him shove Kavanagh as he was coming off the field. He consistently blows his cool on gameday.

If we expect a certain level of professionalism in the demeanor of our most high profile coaches, we should expect that from all of our coaches.

Being a bit overly sensitive here if you ask me.
by Porpoiseboy  (2016-05-22 16:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shove Kav may be factual, but that doesn't equate to having meaning. There was nothing malicious about what Corrigan did - he was pushing Kav back onto the field where he should be. If DJ had come off the court when he wasn't subbed for and Brey screamed and pushed him back toward the court, nobody would care. It's not like Corrigan was beating one of his players.

If I remember that play correctly,
by dillon77  (2016-05-22 16:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cav was chasing a guy on a clear and he -- and Corrigan, initially -- thought the player was out of bounds (the announcers thought so), so Cav slowed a bit. Coach pushed him back on like "no, no, play is on."

This came right after the refs missed that NC offside call, so Corrigan was probably at full steam.

I've got a whole bunch of issues stemming from coaching, preparation, etc. but I thought he comported himself in the second half fairly well considering the "ship be sinking..."