Faceoffs are an important part of the game and should stay.
by vitadulcedospes (2017-05-22 13:11:05)

In reply to: rule changes  posted by DavidAddison

Do we tell Brian Kelly that he shouldn't practice special teams? A great faceoff man is like a great kicker or kick returner -- a weapon who should be cherished and whom opposing coaches must plan to stop.

There is no planning to stop
by davidaddison  (2017-05-22 16:50:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no strategy. It's 1-on-1 and one guy is way better than the other. Not cool.

In softball they moved the pitching rubber back because one player could be too dominant (and no innings max in softball).

But why did the NCAA and the NBA move away from jump balls? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-05-22 13:49:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think in 1937 -but that, too, completely changed the sport
by NDoggie78  (2017-05-22 14:25:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the Indians used to play lacrosse across country.

I think at this point in time, with the sport more mainstream and entrenched than basketball was back in the 30s, no one wants to completely change the sport.

Now a shot clock, I could understand that. And no 30 second penalty - make them minimum 1 minute.